sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Those head and shoulders patterns pretty reliable indicators aren't they mate. That, the whole milk powder price and the spooky correlation thereto as well as the significant correction of this sector in Australia all point to a completion of the head and shoulders to just under $1.40. Tough times to be a hgh supporter. Dividend yield should give support, (he says hopefully), in the $1.30's. Hanging in their grimly with a moderate stake at this stage.
    $1.33 is where I first bought into this November 2015. I'm all out now - with a bit of a tear in my eye, this share had some sentimental attachment being the first share I bought when I started getting serious - but I will continue to watch it's progress. Once the downtrend that's been playing out for many months (confirmed in April by my reading of the charts) turns around I'll reappraise.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I wonder how much the lack of easy information available on HGH is putting people off ?
    When I look at ANZ Sec Details screen there is no dividend or yield showing.
    When I try to find it in NZX I get no historical dividends or upcoming dividends.
    No P/E, no eps, no NTA.
    All the history has been erased with the name change.

Makes it cumbersome to find information. Especially on a scan.

Disc. Holder
    I also could not find any history, not much had changed apart from the name.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    I also could not find any history, not much had changed apart from the name.
    A bit frustrating to have lost all that data. Perhaps an unintended consequence of the name change. Or a known outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    A bit frustrating to have lost all that data. Perhaps an unintended consequence of the name change. Or a known outcome.
    Quite predictable - happens every time some stupid company decides to change their ticker. But given that even some of the guru investors around here loved the change - I guess there must be as well some benefits for HLB/HBL/HGH - maybe it allows them for some time to hide their tracks and the quite significant downtrend they are in?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite predictable - happens every time some stupid company decides to change their ticker. But given that even some of the guru investors around here loved the change - I guess there must be as well some benefits for HLB/HBL/HGH - maybe it allows them for some time to hide their tracks and the quite significant downtrend they are in?
    Got out of bed on the wrong side again?.
    I do expect better from you.

History is still on HLB last time I looked

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Got out of bed on the wrong side again?.
    I do expect better from you.
    Look percy - I do hold your judgement normally in high regard. Just find it difficult to understand why you are reacting so sensitive on justified criticism of what your beloved HGH (or whatever board) might have done - even if it is just a nuisance to some investors, it was unnecessary.

And just to make sure - I am not talking about the restructure (which clearly has benefits as well as risks), I am just talking about their need to change their ticker - again - and with that basically erase their (easy to access) history for the investor community.

Obviously - this is only a small and annoying thing, but something SMT's and boards really love to do annoying things for no good reason. Create a new name and a new ticker is just setting something like a monument for whoever is running the show at the time. Probably shows they are just human.

Give me only one benefit for Heartland to have again a new ticker!

There are no benefits at all to HGH and it is predictably inconvenient to investors. And sure - the more serious ones will have the relevant data history anyway in their system (or know how to still access it), but it will stop some new investors to consider them for some time.

But hey - this seems to be so much more important to you than to me, so I will try to stop annoying you with this subject.

Apologies for any annoyance caused ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

It’s not Heartlands fault that broking / info sites can’t cope with a ticker code change (even though a new entity has been created)

Vent your fury out on them if one feels so aggrieved
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It’s not Heartlands fault that broking / info sites can’t cope with a ticker code change (even though a new entity has been created)

Vent your fury out on them if one feels so aggrieved
    Exactly.
    Heartland would have betrayed shareholders, had they not "restructured" to take advantage of the ongoing huge growth they are experiencing with their offerings in Australia lead by their Reverse Mortgage business.

Dilettante

I light of the discussion and in case some other holders are using Sharesight, this may be of interest:

"Hi XXXXX,
    Heartland Bank has completed a corporate restructure.
    We’ve created a step by step guide on how to handle Heartland Bank Limited restructure to help you handle this acquisition in your Sharesight Portfolio.
    Handle Heartland Bank Limited restructure

If you have any questions, we’re happy to help.
    Cheers,
    The Sharesight team"

Here is the link https://help.sharesight.com/heartlan...d-restructure/
    Last edited by iceman; 22-11-2018 at 10:15 AM.