sharetrader
Page 1732 of 1732 FirstFirst ... 732123216321682172217281729173017311732
Results 17,311 to 17,315 of 17315

Mena ka iti ake te wa mo te Maori me te kanorau me te nui ake o te whakahaere i te pakihi katahi ka pai ake te mahi kararehe. mahi kararehe ****
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Balance, hope you're joking about an Aussie leading the group?? Kiwis end up leading the big aussie banks often enough. Perhaps because kiwi banks are more profitable. Maybe kiwis are just better bankers than the aussies? Chris Flood would be the obvious choice. Looks like a well orchestrated succession plan to me. Chris leading NZ, then leading Aus & now will lead the group.

I dont really see the risk in moving into aussie. They are already there and making truck loads of money. Now they are there with a bank license and will make even more money through great NIM. No doubt they will soon be offering asset finance to completement the reverse mortgages and livestock stuff. This is what they know well and do better than everyone else.

Im not a holder but hope to be around $1 (or under )
    Only Ralph Norris (ASB to NAB) comes to mind? Shayne Elliot (ANZ) has been out of NZ for the last 30 years after he finished his cadetship at Citibank NZ.

As for HGH making truck loads of money in Australia, how did you quantify that vs its use of capital?

We all want HGH to do well in Australia (be bloody nice for a change) but let's not understate the risks in going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Balance, hope you're joking about an Aussie leading the group?? Kiwis end up leading the big aussie banks often enough. Perhaps because kiwi banks are more profitable. Maybe kiwis are just better bankers than the aussies? Chris Flood would be the obvious choice. Looks like a well orchestrated succession plan to me. Chris leading NZ, then leading Aus & now will lead the group.

I dont really see the risk in moving into aussie. They are already there and making truck loads of money. Now they are there with a bank license and will make even more money through great NIM. No doubt they will soon be offering asset finance to completement the reverse mortgages and livestock stuff. This is what they know well and do better than everyone else.

Im not a holder but hope to be around $1 (or under )

Lucky I didn't post this earlier today, when I would have said $1.06 was improbable, and under $1.00 impossible. But surely it must have a floor just now pending the retail entitlement offer closing on Monday?

It doesn't make sense to me to sell at these prices. I have subscribed this week under two hats, including for around 20%+ additional shares if these do become available, as some % inevitably will and perhaps more so since the head shares have drifted so low just now.

Patience is what is needed. In 6 months it will almost certainly look different.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Lucky I didn't post this earlier today, when I would have said $1.06 was improbable, and under $1.00 impossible. But surely it must have a floor just now pending the retail entitlement offer closing on Monday?

It doesn't make sense to me to sell at these prices. I have subscribed this week under two hats, including for around 20%+ additional shares if these do become available, as some % inevitably will and perhaps more so since the head shares have drifted so low just now.

Patience is what is needed. In 6 months it will almost certainly look different.
    The cap raises zap the demand in the short term. so always in the past it seems to drift down to the issue price or below?

Agree in 6 to 24 months time it will be a healthy capital gain from $1

Given the price action after the last raise I will be dissapointed if it stays over a dollar.