sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I havent forgotten - which is why I still wont rate him above snake oil merchant
    Do you think he should put his own name in his''''never again list'''' ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Do you think he should put his own name in his''''never again list'''' ?
    Classic.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......... ........lol.

The Australian

ANZ Bank’s UDC Finance operation remains in the crosshairs of suitors, with Heartland Bank and two parties out of Asia in pursuit of the operation, according to sources, after an earlier deal to sell the business to China’s HNA collapsed.

Jeff probably resigned to paying more than he really wants to after being ‘outbid’ last time

In spite of Mr Lee speculates they could get for $600m and change
    Last edited by winner69; 19-01-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Australian

ANZ Bank’s UDC Finance operation remains in the crosshairs of suitors, with Heartland Bank and two parties out of Asia in pursuit of the operation, according to sources, after an earlier deal to sell the business to China’s HNA collapsed.

Jeff probably resigned to paying more than he really wants to after being ‘outbid’ last time
    Geoff and the rest of the board may not feel the same way,as they have a great deal of their own wealth on the line.?
    With Heartland achieving their own very strong organic growth,the board my see any acquisition having to be eps accretive.

I think they're just better off continuing their pretty strong organic growth. Looks like a competitive process with two possible other suitors plus the option of floating it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Australian

In spite of Mr Lee speculates they could get for $600m and change
    IMO should Asian interests be the purchasers,investors will continue to abandon the company and i'm also not sure if they will stick with the ship should HBL buy it.Ideal purchaser should have enough to fund its self,maybe an overseas bank not of Asian origin.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think they're just better off continuing their pretty strong organic growth. Looks like a competitive process with two possible other suitors plus the option of floating it.
    I wonder about the IPO option. Given the amount of funding required - ANZ has $2b advanced, supposedly - and in the absence of a strong "parent", it's difficult to see an IPO'd UDC with a sufficiently high credit rating to attract the funding required. Anyone care to postulate a scenario?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I wonder about the IPO option. Given the amount of funding required - ANZ has $2b advanced, supposedly - and in the absence of a strong "parent", it's difficult to see an IPO'd UDC with a sufficiently high credit rating to attract the funding required. Anyone care to postulate a scenario?

A win win situation for Heartland.
    Heartland buy UDC for a reasonable price,and the benefits go to NZ shareholders and customers.
    Asian interests buy UDC for a high price,UDC customers and depositors go to Heartland,for no cost to Heartland..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agree. $1.49 this time last year $2.08 today. 39% plus divies..

Don't rock the boat..

Membaa

After the double top fail on 9/1 and breakdown of the steep rising trend line Oct-Jan, this with indicators pointing down and room to follow through, suggests an imminent test of the 50EMA currently 2.02 and possibly minor supports at 1.98-2.00 and solid technical support at 1.86.