sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Didn’t have one of those red flag ‘Price Sensitive’ things .....need one of those when Jeff says profit going to be $70m odd
    Agreed...................

I met a one-legged Asian girl once in Cambodia - shall I get her CV?

percy

QUOTE=dabsman;700895]I met a one-legged Asian girl once in Cambodia - shall I get her CV?[/QUOTE]

Said her CV to Winner69.
    Sure his mate at Co-Op Bank will be excited to employ her.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

A quote from Chris Lee's "Taking Stock" (published Jan 25th).
    Link to wider article: https://www.chrislee.co.nz/taking-stock

He obviously does not think much of HBL as a "quality" issuer...

WHEN Fisher & Paykel Finance was sold to an Australian fund manager NZ investors in finance company debentures were left with a realistic menu of one.
    The remaining option for those who use tap issues from finance companies was one – UDC Finance.
    Then the owner of UDC, the ANZ Bank, announced it had sold UDC to a Chinese conglomerate (HNA), with an airline base.
    Then there were none.
    However the ANZ/HNA deal was never consummated and UDC now reverts to being at least temporarily available, hopefully until someone, like Heartland Bank, buys the book at a banker’s price, rather than an entrepreneur’s price.
    After that there again would be none, if one categorises as ‘’useable’’ only those companies with long histories, strong shareholders and credit ratings (preferably).

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Chris who?

Got to the part about Alan Hawkins before nodding off. Great bloke - made me loads out of Equiticorp in the day - got me securely on the housing ladder at the time. With the obvious rider "You've got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em"

percy

He obviously does not think much of HBL as a "quality" issuer...

[FONT="]WHEN Fisher & Paykel Finance was sold to an Australian fund manager NZ investors in finance company debentures were left with a realistic menu of one.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]The remaining option for those who use tap issues from finance companies was one – UDC Finance.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Then the owner of UDC, the ANZ Bank, announced it had sold UDC to a Chinese conglomerate (HNA), with an airline base.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Then there were none.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]However the ANZ/HNA deal was never consummated and UDC now reverts to being at least temporarily available, hopefully until someone, like Heartland Bank, buys the book at a banker’s price, rather than an entrepreneur’s price.[/FONT]
    After that there again would be none, if one categorises as ‘’useable’’ only those companies with long histories, strong shareholders and credit ratings (preferably).
    I read it differently.
    After UDC is sold there will be no quality "FINANCE" company issuer.
    I would also point out that Chris Lee's company have been strong supporters of Heartland Bank.Michael Worrington is a shareholder,and I am sure Chris Lee and Kevin Gloag are also shareholders.Kevin Gloag has followed Heartland very closely.
    I seem to remember Chris Lee thought it was a great idea to merge Heartland,UDC and TSB.?

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Ahhh..."Finance" company. That makes more sense, thanks percy. (Note to self: Must. Get. Better. Brain.)
    Yes, I had thought that they were supporters of the consolidation that formed HBL in the first place...hence the comment piquing my interest.

percy

Would a kind poster please post the link to www.Chrislee.co.nz taking stock.
    His view on Heartland remains positive,and has interesting thoughts on HBL/UDC.

Ahhh..."Finance" company. That makes more sense, thanks percy. (Note to self: Must. Get. Better. Brain.)
    Yes, I had thought that they were supporters of the consolidation that formed HBL in the first place...hence the comment piquing my interest.
    https://www.chrislee.co.nz/taking-stock
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

half year announcement due today... hopefully we are still "well positioned" as percy would say.