sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    It would be quite an engineering feat to be able to create oil leaks from the motor of a Jaguar I-Pace though? I am sure even Croesus would agree!

SNOOPY
    You are probably right - less oil in these electric cars. On the other hand - I hear they tend to leave ugly soot stains on the ground after burn out due to battery shorts. From a personal perspective I think I would prefer the oil leaks ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-11-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    It is another Jaguar sales promotion.
    So the answer is Jaguar.

ps.Should you note. in 3 years time, a fleet of Jaguars outside HGH's headquarters, you will know I was wrong.!.lol.
    It would be interesting to know for sure. Modelling on that deal projects 51.6% residual value after 3 years which I think is "brave". That sort of depreciation model generally works well for new Japanese cars sold at a fair retail price but the Jaguar I Pace is sold in N.Z. at quite a considerable premium to what appears to be reasonable from a review of pricing in the U.K. or Australia.
    $159K new, compares with a quick look on Autotrader U.K. which showed 2019 Jaguar I Pace's as very low mileage demo's available in the U.K. for as little as 55,000 pounds asking price, probably 50,000 pounds buys it or about $100,000 Kiwi at today's exchange rate. I note concerning comments the other day from Colonial Motors chair at their annual meeting in regard to electric vehicle obsolescence when new model's come out. He essentially said old models become obsolete, (read, extremely serious depreciation rates and very low residual value).

I expect the depreciation rate on the I Pace to be very severe and there will be quite a few people walking away at the end of that contract term as some new whizz bang EV offers even more excitement and yesterday's I Pace is like yesterday's newspaper... I would think around 40% residual value after three years is more likely so someone may be risking possible negative equity at the end of the term of about $16,000, I hope its not HGH !

Put it another way, if I was buying said I Pace and silly enough to pay full retail, (I wouldn't), I would take advantage of the optionality that deal confers.
    Therein probably lies the answer, people have to pay full retail to take advantage of the offer and there's an extra (at least $16,000) generated right there by the importer and I would hope the risk lies with them or with the Giltrap Group, who own Archibald and Shorter, the retailer.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-11-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Motley Fool on ‘greedy bankers’ And other stuff

https://us3.campaign-archive.com/?u=...a&e=d42cc5cbdc

Wonder if the all the ‘free’ / LTI shares Heartland execs is a good thing
    Last edited by winner69; 04-12-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Weak lead from offshore and slightly weaker market today but HGH doing well, (with report due on capital review by RBNZ at noon tomorrow).
    Nobody in RBNZ would tell their mates early that the report is more moderate than originally drafted...Nah, leaky ships like that simply never happen
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

All sweet as for HGH regarding RNBN capital revised

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Won’t have to shunt too much across the Tasman then
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Looks good for HGH. Easily capable of raising the extra capital through the dividend reinvestment scheme and with the opportunity to raise more funds through preference shares counting as tier one capital and the seven year transitional period starting from next July, (more than 7 1/2 years to total transition), it all looks quite satisfactory for HGH as confirmed by the company themselves :- http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...500/313428.pdf

percy

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Certainly is.
    We remain "well positioned."
    However, another big headache for the big four Australian Banks.Tough.!..lol.

Being viewed as a pragmatic decision and viewed reasonably favourably. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12291289

Would be good if HGH got out in front of this with say a $150m preference share issue. Heck if Synlait can raise deeply subordinated and unsecured 5 year debt at 3.7% then I don't see why HGH would need to pay any more than that for preference shares.