sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The very successful bond issue resulted in HGH sp dropping 4,2% ie 7 cents today,to close at $1.58.??,,,.lol.
    Not sure whether that is funny ha ha, or funny peculiar.?
    Maybe market adjusting multiplies downwards a bit because of the higher leverage as a result of a significant amount of new debt (ie Heartland perceived to be more ‘risky’)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Yet with their very high net interest margin, I would have thought the over subsribed bond issue would signal growing earnings.
    Last edited by percy; 15-04-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Membaa

Yet with their very high net interest margin, I would think they should be rerated upwards.
    [more profitable].
    And a massive cash warchest for investment into significant growth. The re-rate should resume shortly, once the nervous nellies and profit takers leave the room. Might not be significant but drilling into the 1 minute chart, the price action levelled off this afternoon after Friday's and this morning's dip into the recent stellar SP gains. Was always a good buy in the $1.30's, probably attracted a few traders, those nimble folks who can scalp a SP faster than a Apache.

Some dog barked last week that the easy money from the low $1.30's had already been made. Maybe some people misinterpreted me thinking I was saying sell.
    All I was suggesting is the value had shifted from being a BUY to being a good HOLD for both strong yield and strong high single digit eps growth.
    Possibly an accumulate rating may be warranted soon...
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-04-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Some dog barked last week that the easy money from the low $1.30's had already been made.
    I believe the share price will be over $1.70 by Christmas if all continues to plan, which I think it is. I am happy with where ever the price goes, as I will buy more of the price heads far south of $1.50.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I believe the share price will be over $1.70 by Christmas if all continues to plan, which I think it is. I am happy with where ever the price goes, as I will buy more of the price heads far south of $1.50.
    I will see you, and raise you 10.......$1.80 plus.....as the plan gains momentum....................
    Aussie REL tv advertising due to start in July.Be going gangbusters by September.
    May be $1.90......?.............lol.
    What is important to me is the divie.
    Gross yield according to Craigs FY 2019.. 7.6% and FY 2020..... 8.2%..Tastie.
    Last edited by percy; 15-04-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Now down to $1.57 ... that's down 11 cents from Friday's high ... my "BUY" finger is hovering just millimetres from the keyboard ...

The thing is, I cannot see any reason for this drop. Did the SP just rise a bit too quickly and is now recalibrating? That's the only reason I can see; the SP rose very quickly over the past three weeks and is now falling back to the 50-day MA.

This post is a general observation and does not specifically relate to HGH.

Talking to Jeff Greenslade after the presentation ,I managed to make him smile with my comment "it is better to own the bank rather than have money in the bank."............lol.
    "The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One."(1)

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_K._Black
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Now down to $1.57 ... that's down 11 cents from Friday's high ... my "BUY" finger is hovering just millimetres from the keyboard ...

The thing is, I cannot see any reason for this drop. Did the SP just rise a bit too quickly and is now recalibrating? That's the only reason I can see; the SP rose very quickly over the past three weeks and is now falling back to the 50-day MA.
    I think this is (at this stage) a plausible hypothesis. If you look at the chart below using MA30 and MA100, than it looks so far just as the natural oscillations in a healthy uptrend.

HGHchart.PNG

If you take a bit longer term view the reddish (or is it purple? - anyway the upper) line in the chart below is the MA200) - than we see that the SP moved recently above the MA200 - and might be after a normal drop back top the MA200 ready to bounce again.

HGHchart.jpg

I expect it to stay above the MA200 (at $1.57), but not too worried as long as it stays above the MA100 ($1.46). If it comes down to these levels I would see that as a serious reason to buy some more ... and I suppose I am not alone ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 16-04-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Global dairy prices up a tad but whole milk powder down a tad.

Whole milk powder prices been a bit weak last couple auctions after a pretty good run so far this year ....could be a sign that Heartland share price could be a bit weak the next month or so (maybe even started to be weak) after a pretty good run up the last month or so.

Bit spooky eh
    Last edited by winner69; 17-04-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”