sharetrader
Page 22 of 1731 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632721225221022 ... LastLast

The "Looking forward" statements tell the true story - a banking license is not even on the horizon, and they have little chance of meeting forecasts

watch out for the sub-underwriters and underwriters bailing......
    Last edited by Xerof; 17-02-2012 at 06:09 PM.

I have been puzzled by Heartlands desire to become a registered bank.

As a cynical person I wondered if the bank registration was just a story told to win over those voting on the merger. The real driver was to shelter MARAC beneath CBS Canterburys balance sheet.

Now that the "Mission Accomplished" banner has been unfurled in the boardroom will we see bank registration quietly fade away?

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I have been puzzled by Heartlands desire to become a registered bank.

As a cynical person I wondered if the bank registration was just a story told to win over those voting on the merger. The real driver was to shelter MARAC beneath CBS Canterburys balance sheet.

Now that the "Mission Accomplished" banner has been unfurled in the boardroom will we see bank registration quietly fade away?

Boop boop de do

Marilyn
    Agree Marilyn ..... main objective achieved .... a bit of a con about the bank story .... and now back to business as usual

percy

Well I am un decided.HNZ appear to be like Mainland Cheese;"Good things take time."HNZ have achieved a merger,and seem to be sticking to their agenda.I think they have been over careful with everything they do ,so they don't risk putting "The Bank" licence at risk.They have got through the govt guarantee ,and hopefully the have laid solid foundations for the future.I continue to hold and expect it will take time.The NTA at 85 cents is reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I am un decided.HNZ appear to be like Mainland Cheese;"Good things take time."HNZ have achieved a merger,and seem to be sticking to their agenda.I think they have been over careful with everything they do ,so they don't risk putting "The Bank" licence at risk.They have got through the govt guarantee ,and hopefully the have laid solid foundations for the future.I continue to hold and expect it will take time.The NTA at 85 cents is reassuring.
    Whatever the motivation(s) underlying the quest for a banking licence, I think the outcome - either way - will have a big impact on the fortunes of HNZ. The more so if it comes sooner, not later.
    I suppose the NTA is reassuring, hadn't really thought about it. Until HNZ puts decent and sustained profits together and pays solid dividends the NTA has an academic quality? HNZ is trading at 0.55 times NTA. With decent profits and dividends, or increasing promise of same, the HNZ price will move towards the 1.8 times NTA of ANZ and the 2.0 times NTA of WBC. Getting there will take much more time than Mainland cheese, and a few more old boys on the Mainland commercials will have popped their clogs along the way, but loyal HNZ holders will wallow in good port and vintage tasty.

percy

Great post Under surveillance.

Share Collector

A bit ignorant here - why would they want to enter into a lockup agreement with Harrogate Trustee for 5% of share capital till FY result?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Warning: The following post may contain an element of sarcasm

Nice chart !

best wishes

Paper Tiger (wearing a Technical hat)
    om mani peme hum

Got to love it ..... George getting all grumpy and saying Heartland is under perfoming and they better get their act together .... and George holding onto the shares in HNZ

George talks tough
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...rr-talks-tough

That lock up deal with Harrogate a 'defensive move' to make a full takeover by somebody a bit harder .... me thinks George has had some influence in this action .... see Belg your mate looking after you after all