sharetrader
Page 202 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 1021521921981992002012022032042052062122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 17359
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I discovered today that Heartland are offering a Business Call Account paying 4.25% with interest paid monthly. The account can be operated online and should prove pretty attractive for businesses with short term cash surpluses to gain some interest on their funds.

My current business bank pays 1% for funds on call and to get 4.2% I need to lock the dollars away for two years! Not a practical option.

This would be a great way for Heartland to attract new business customers and give them a database to work on to gradually grow their customer base. I'm opening a Heartland Business Call account as soon as I get all the paperwork sorted. Opening any kind of bank account is a nightmare these days with all the ID hoops you have to jump through.
    The offering to personal clients ain't too shabby either. Heartland offers an on-call cash pie account with interest of 4.1%. This compares to 2.6% I am getting with the ANZ PIE Fund (Call). Ratings agencies have assigned greater risk to Heartland compared with ANZ...however would that justify such a difference in the rates offered?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "But wait, there's more" from Craig's research;
    "Management expects to deliver 10% ROE this year."
    Nice people,doing great things>!
    Going for ten stars?!**********
    Craig's a bit slow of the mark ...... I'm sure Snoopy pointed out that on their forecast npat that was going to be close to 10% ROE

But spouse guru analysts can work out from the public info of 37 mill profit and 370 mill equity is about 10%

Hnz **********

Craig's ********************

Wonder if jeff and his management team sit down and have a moa on Friday nights and say 'weren't we dorks making the announcement about 5 stars?

The risk man says hopefully punters won't associate us with a failed finance company that 5 stars in its name

The marketing guru says no a great marketing activity ....free, not like those stupid hoardings that cost us a small fortune at the rugby

But jeff is a good guy and says no it really those people on sharetrader who keeping putting plenty of stars who are the dorks ....we are god people and they don't just get that

On the doghouse

"But wait, there's more" from Craig's research;
    "Management expects to deliver 10% ROE this year."
    Here is what I wrote on the Dorchester thread, about Dorchester ROE

-----

Profit forecast for the year ended March 2014 is $6m, with probably 80% of that figure coming from business development and 20% from a reduction in underlying debt. That represents an ROE of:

$6m/ $67.4m = 8.9% or $6m/ ($67.4m-$26.2m) = 14.6% if you take out projected intangible assets at the time of the recapitalization. I am not sure which is the most appropriate figure of the two to use. Any views?

----

The Dorchester CEOs address said they were slightly above budget. So it looks like ROE at Dorchester is tracking along at a similar clip to HNZ, but much better if you only include tangible assets.

Meanwhile over at TUA, my favourite NZ finance company , ROE last year was 23.6%. I expect that to come back a bit this year, but it is still double what Heartland are projecting.

The undeniable fact is that compared to any other finance institution in New Zealand, Heartland compares poorly in terms of ROE. I would give Heartland only 1.5 stars out of 5 on this measure.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Snoopy

Half stars not allowed

My iPad doesn't do half stars ....only whole stars

So is. * or ** for HNZ

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Snoopy

Half stars not allowed

My iPad doesn't do half stars ....only whole stars

So is. * or ** for HNZ
    WOT? I think two and one half is OK
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    The offering to personal clients ain't too shabby either. Heartland offers an on-call cash pie account with interest of 4.1%. This compares to 2.6% I am getting with the ANZ PIE Fund (Call). Ratings agencies have assigned greater risk to Heartland compared with ANZ...however would that justify such a difference in the rates offered?
    Heartland needs to raise a lot of new cash in the next 12 months to balance up their loan book. Offering such a high rate is good for customers but bad for shareholders. Heartland must be generous to get the money in the doors, but since that money is effectively already out on loan this must put a squeeze on their FY2014 profits. Heartland have been working hard to derisk their loan portfolio over the last 12 months. So I think it is less likely this year than last that Heartland will get into trouble.

However, there many keen shareholders out there with fat cheque books biting at the bit to put more money into new shares to shore up Heartland bank if required

SNOOPY

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Craig's a bit slow of the mark ...... I'm sure Snoopy pointed out that on their forecast npat that was going to be close to 10% ROE

But spouse guru analysts can work out from the public info of 37 mill profit and 370 mill equity is about 10%

Hnz **********

Craig's ********************
    Well not many have done the numbers.Most have said HNZ still have a low ROE.
    Going from 4% to 10% is excellent.Where to from here is the big question? 12% 15% 20% 25%???
    Last edited by percy; 10-09-2013 at 05:27 PM.

On the doghouse

Well not many have done the numbers.Most have said HNZ still have a low ROE.
    Going from 4% to 10% is excellent.Where to from here is the big question? 12% 15% 20% 25%???

There are 388.703m HNZ shares on issue.

The total number of ""Monitor+" loans on the books add to $265.683m. That works out at 68cps. So assuming all of those loans are as bad as Heartland assume, Heartlands equity will be 3/4 wiped out (assuming NTA of 86c now). That means the sky is the limit as far as future ROE is concerned. There is potential here for Heartland to go to the top of the ROE class!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 11-09-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Correct total shares on issue

percy

Total number of shares is 388,703,975.You can't even work that out correctly.
    No surprises there.!
    We have answered your liquidity post earlier.refer zerof's post on treasury function.HNZ have never had problems of liquidity [ie getting through Govt guarantee] and have a very happy band of loyal depositors.Remember HNZ borrow long and lend short ie livestock,seasonal loans ,factoring etc.
    Last edited by percy; 10-09-2013 at 06:24 PM.