sharetrader
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Welcome to the Heartland registry Snoopy. Pity you did not sign up back in the days when the risk/reward ratio was higher.
    Good on investors who got in at lower levels and despite the recent share price fall, are still sitting on a good capital profit while those dividends continue to flow. Personally I do not regret not getting in earlier. The risk/reward ratio an investor is comfortable with is a personal choice. 'Benefit of hindsight analysis' does not show that those who made the choice not to invest at the time made the wrong choice. I have been researching Heartland for many years and was well aware of alternative future paths at the time that Heartland could have followed, not all of those alternative futures being under the control of management! Five years of navigating through challenging market conditions gives me more confidence in Heartland's management's ability to navigate through the business ups and downs. I think that I have bought in at a risk/reward sweep spot. At this point I am happy to put my HGH shares in the bottom drawer and harvest the dividend stream. But if they can gain more traction in Australia, then all power to them. It will be 'growth for free' for me.

I voted against this restructure.

But I am not particularly concerned about the timing of Heartland's expansion in the Oz market. It is a long game and now is as good as any other.

So the $64 question: Does the Snow Leopard think a $1.38 is good value for money?
    The $64 answer: Yes.

The $65 question: Is the Snow Leopard buying?
    The $65 answer: No. Look at that chart! (but really it is because I have no spare change)
    I sense 'mixed mind messages' with the statement of being in for the medium term countered by the caution of short term chart signals. But I understand that 'no spare change' is the most legitimate ultimate trump card in this investment strategy game!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 11-02-2019 at 07:41 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Do I expect a quick ascent from here, absolutely not but with a gross dividend yield of ~ 9% and a forward PE of ~ 11 every man and his dog has the luxury of being patient.
    Agreed, remember this took over three years to rise from $1.05 to $2.14 ... I well remember a comment around 2015-2016 complaining the SP was stuck as it just didn't seem to move anywhere!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    ...But I understand that 'no spare change' is the most legitimate ultimate trump card in this investment strategy game!

SNOOPY
    So, just bought a lot while sitting on a bench in a park in Bangkok, using the money saved by staying in a cheaper hotel.

Must go, a squirrel is eyeing me up as an easy target for the old bench hire fee scam.
    om mani peme hum

So, just bought a lot while sitting on a bench in a park in Bangkok, using the money saved by staying in a cheaper hotel.

Must go, a squirrel is eyeing me up as an easy target for the old bench hire fee scam.
    tbh I think I'd rather stay in a nicer hotel.

certainly doesnt look to be any upward pressure as of today.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

NZ $80,000 is a lot of money to save.
    You living in that hotel for 3 years.?

Banned

Relentless selling....where is the button?

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Seems plenty of keen buyers getting the bargain of the centre
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    No surprises there.!!!
    Snoopy's buying has spooked the market....lol.
    Well we must wait a week for the interim result.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No surprises there.!!!
    Snoopy's buying has spooked the market....lol.
    Well we must wait a week for the interim result.
    Four more shopping days to either grab the bargain of the century or land more in debt.

19/02/2019 at 08:31, we will be patting ourselves on the back for getting in early, or crying buckets of tears

Heck, I've just seen the closing price ... where did that come from?

I've been holding off from topping up ... don't really have the cash ... but I might just have to dig deep.