sharetrader
Page 77 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081871271775771077 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shambles View Post
    Plenty of resistance at .70c and seems to keep growing, I wonder who is selling .. lot's of small players or someone gradually offloading a large chunk?
    No I think it is hanging around this level because nobody really feels the need to go after the stock just yet,it has already broken resistance,so it is just a matter of patience.
    A little time needs to pass, so they can quietly put some runs on the board,a lot needs to be done yet,and I think a good stock with potential like this needs to be a solid performer,with gradual increases.

Meanwhile if you hold,you can be comforted by the fact that it is well under asset backing,profitable,has a banking licence with good potential.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    No I think it is hanging around this level because nobody really feels the need to go after the stock just yet,it has already broken resistance,so it is just a matter of patience.
    A little time needs to pass, so they can quietly put some runs on the board,a lot needs to be done yet,and I think a good stock with potential like this needs to be a solid performer,with gradual increases.

Meanwhile if you hold,you can be comforted by the fact that it is well under asset backing,profitable,has a banking licence with good potential.
    Relax.

Nothing special about 70 cents save that many are taking their gains from what had been a very disappointing stock.

HNZ just became a takeover target for one of the overseas banks with money to burn.

They will pay NTA and will be successful.
    Last edited by Balance; 19-12-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Relax.

Nothing special about 70 cents save that many are taking their gains from what had been a very disappointing stock.

HNZ just became a takeover target for one of the overseas banks with money to burn.

They will pay NTA and will be successful.
    So there are still a few overseas banks with money to burn?

Banking is a capital-hungry business - and will beome even more so once the new Basel "rules" become effective. I'm not sure that there's too many who'd want to spend it on HNZ at this stage. In fact, HNZ shareholders need to keep in mind that calls for more equity - or dilution by issue to new shareholders - will be on the cards if the new bank grows as quickly as is hoped.
    I don't hold but cheering for those who do.

percy

The banking licence for HNZ will mean they can look at any acqusition from a position of strength.The strong equity ratio gives them room to expand without calling on shareholders.Not taking on the majors for home loans means they can make better, more profitable use of existing capital.Appreciate your cheers.!
    Last edited by percy; 19-12-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The banking licence for HNZ will mean they can look at any acqusition from a position of strength.The strong equity ratio gives them room to expand without calling on shareholders.Not taking on the majors for home loans means they can make better, more profitable use of existing capital.Appreciate your cheers.!
    Home loans are some of the most favourably weighted - ie most lightly capital intensive - lending that a bank can do. I'd expect that sector of their business to grow most quickly in the years ahead.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post

A last a voice of reason on this thread! Well summarized Kizame, and I guess from your location that not being a one-eyed Cantab has allowed you to come to your position. A word of warning though. If you ever make it to an HNZ AGM, you must not talk like that, or you will be in for a lynching by your one-eyed fellow shareholders.

Most people who had bought into a share at 50c and seen it rise to 70c would not call that result 'disappointing'. Some will never be satisfied.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

SNOOPY.
    Don't recall you going to the AGM,so again your post is ill informed.!

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    SNOOPY.
    Don't recall you going to the AGM,so again your post is ill informed.!
    I am not an HNZ shareholder Percy, well not yet anyway. So I have a very good excuse for not going to the AGM.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Most people who had bought into a share at 50c and seen it rise to 70c would not call that result 'disappointing'.
    Agreed, but in this case most bought into this at 88, after buying in to PGC at well north of 40/70/100+++.

Only the chosen few got these in significant volume at bedrock prices off Cur. Keep in mind that the sub-underwriters to the last issue (ahem, those who actually honoured their underwriting obligation) have only just got their heads above water (before holding costs)

and remember, all those who thought a banking license was in the bag, had already bought (averaged down is probably more accurate)....this is a classic buy the rumour, sell the fact scenario, at least for the meantime.

After two or three years of being underwater with their shareholding in this pairing (PGC/HNZ), I think you will find human nature looks for an escape hatch -(breakeven is usually good enough)

As rightly said, they need time to prove themselves and get runs on the board, which I am sure they will do, but in the meantime, there is an awful lot of overhang/stale retail holders in this, even before you consider what the "shaft Kerr" opportunists at sub-50 might be looking to do

Not sure I will include it in next years picking comp - maybe the year after........

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I am not an HNZ shareholder Percy, well not yet anyway. So I have a very good excuse for not going to the AGM.

SNOOPY
    Should you not be a shareholder by next AGM,you can come along as my guest.So no excuse next year.!!!!!!!
    I am sure you,like any one attending an AGM would get a lot better understanding of the company.HNZ meeting covered a lot of ground.Very happy to answer questions.Directors and management were very keen to talk to shareholders after the meeting.