sharetrader

Nice one. I love how Snoopy has been patiently sitting back, humble as can be, content in his modeling, refusing to be baited by those other hounds over the last few weeks who were seemingly discarding HGH like it was some rotten piece of meat. Woof, woof!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Nice one. I love how Snoopy has been patiently sitting back, humble as can be, content in his modeling, refusing to be baited by those other hounds over the last few weeks who were seemingly discarding HGH like it was some rotten piece of meat. Woof, woof!
    I had that coming, guilty as charged ...but to my credit as soon as I sniffed that the dog food wasn't rotten I jumped in boots, (paws) and all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9SK4l2ibvM

I should probably sniff and make up with the other Beagle...so here you are Snoopy, my gift to you, enjoy https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/dog-squad-puppy-school
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-09-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

And good on you for eating humble pie (little bone in your case) and backing it with dollars...I am happily surprised with result and have added more..

Advanced Member

52-Week Range: 89 - 193
    Wished I'd sold at 193 and bought again at 89.
    Gosh....I'm stupid. It seems so obvious.

I'm holding and happy with the result, kicking myself for not topping up yesterday but was probably the right decision for us.

Banned

one of my top companies to park my money.....very resilient!!!

Hey beagle me old mate ...no more relativity exercises v Australian banks allowed.....yep,not allowed now.

Jeff says -

Current bank price-to-earnings ratio multiples are below many of those for finance companies and fintechs, and Heartland recognises that its current share price may not appropriately reflect the price of underlying nature of its businesses. Consequently, the Board has asked management to explore this and identify means of optimising value.

Even that ultimate dog FXL trades on a PE of 20 .....Jeff must have noticed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I'm not sure of I like the sound of this. Management need to focus on the core business and pay no attention to the share price, which will take care of itself eventually. Mr Buffet would have kittens! Potentially a big distraction for management. Let Harmoney get the high multiple in the IPO and look to sell some down would be the way to play it.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey beagle me old mate ...no more relativity exercises v Australian banks allowed.....yep,not allowed now.

Jeff says -

Current bank price-to-earnings ratio multiples are below many of those for finance companies and fintechs, and Heartland recognises that its current share price may not appropriately reflect the price of underlying nature of its businesses. Consequently, the Board has asked management to explore this and identify means of optimising value.

Even that ultimate dog FXL trades on a PE of 20 .....Jeff must have noticed
    Just what we would expect from a board whose members are substantial shareholders.It is called "the owners eye."

Disc.I am again a shareholder.[45% of what I used to hold].
    Last edited by percy; 17-09-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJMLimited View Post
    I'm not sure of I like the sound of this. Management need to focus on the core business and pay no attention to the share price, which will take care of itself eventually. Mr Buffet would have kittens! Potentially a big distraction for management. Let Harmoney get the high multiple in the IPO and look to sell some down would be the way to play it.
    Don’t agree there mate

They’ll concentrate on the business ....but they need to tell a story that they are not a bank

The bank story did what they wanted it to do years ago ...remember the chief financial guy saying becoming a Bank was only an advertising ploy and gave them ‘credibility’ ..... now they’ve grown up and a essentially a finance company.

If fintechs get rated at greater multiples then a fantastic story to tell the story they are more than a boring bank

I’m all for it ...great move

Maybe jeff has listened to some shareholders ...some been saying that for a while
    Last edited by winner69; 17-09-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”