sharetrader
Page 437 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 3373874274334344354364374384394404414474875379371437 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 17360

Quote Originally Posted by dagoldtoof View Post
    talked a young sibling into his first share purchase, HNZ.....Love being popular, siblings up 25% in a very short time..Expects more sage advice, yikes...
    Its always better to let them get burned first. A quick win is like an awesome intro to drugs. You keep coming back for more.

disc: not sure about being addicted to drugs reference only made anecdotally. Also a happily addicted HNZ holder thanks to Percy and Co's intro posts on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Its always better to let them get burned first
    ... like GeoOP or Xero for many!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    ... like GeoOP or Xero for many!
    And at least another dozen currently listed companies to boot.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by dagoldtoof View Post
    talked a young sibling into his first share purchase, HNZ.....Love being popular, siblings up 25% in a very short time..Expects more sage advice, yikes...
    Well done.
    Give the young sibling a couple of very good shares to choose from when he/she is ready to buy more shares,and make him/her do some research, before he/she decides which one ..

Big client of mine asked me for a share tip just before Xmas...he bought heaps at $1.16...I see a little room for an increase in his bill this year

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Big client of mine asked me for a share tip just before Xmas...he bought heaps at $1.16...I see a little room for an increase in his bill this year
    Phew...if your tip had ended up the other way, would you have wiped his next bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Phew...if your tip had ended up the other way, would you have wiped his next bill
    Pays to only tip what you're absolutely sure will go up lol.

With this going up so quickly, can we expect a slight correction? Most analysts seem to say hold. Of course i will get the DYOR. But looking to top up,and not sure of an entrance timing , but looks like,snooze you loose just now, with lots of buyers. I only have 5% in this so thinking i need to move funds around.
    I appreciate your previous posts Roger, winner et.al.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-02-2015 at 10:16 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    With this going up so quickly, can we expect a slight correction? Most analysts seem to say hold. Of course i will get the DYOR. But looking to top up,and not sure of an entrance timing , but looks like,snooze you loose just now, with lots of buyers. I only have 5% in this so thinking i need to move funds around.
    We all warn of the dangers of averaging down.
    In this case you would be doing the opposite,averaging up! which makes sense.
    When a share hits a new high,you have to ask yourself why?
    The simple reason for Heartland hitting new highs is they are delivering on what they said they would do.
    The market sees they laid solid foundations,and is now expecting strong growth.
    It may pay you to consider drip feeding your buying.A third this month,a third in three months time and the balance in six months time.
    Last edited by percy; 04-02-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I appreciate your previous posts Roger, winner et.al.
    I am also looking to top up a bit. The charts I have access to seem to suggest that HNZ is currently overbought (Relative strength very high, and currently above the top Bolinger Band). However looking back over the past year, when they have been in similar situations the dip has been rather small and instead is more like a levelling in price for a couple of weeks. I'm picking something similar may be about to happen, then the SP will continue up.

It makes it hard to pick the best time to buy, so maybe anytime is good.