sharetrader
Page 438 of 1733 FirstFirst ... 3383884284344354364374384394404414424484885389381438 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 17322

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    With this going up so quickly, can we expect a slight correction? Most analysts seem to say hold. Of course i will get the DYOR. But looking to top up,and not sure of an entrance timing , but looks like,snooze you loose just now, with lots of buyers. I only have 5% in this so thinking i need to move funds around.
    I appreciate your previous posts Roger, winner et.al.
    Someone asked me by pm last week whether they should use their kids money to invest @ $1.27. ( I presumed this was money for their kids tertiary education). Same advice applies this week. If you're investing for 2-3 years or longer the fact that the SP has had a good run lately isn't going to matter. That said as per post #4383 don't expect another 32% in the next three months.

This is the strongest run its ever been on. Who knows where it will stop. Could be the top here, or could keep going much further. No sell signals anywhere though, so ride the god times.

Dilettante

I invested in HNZ for my 2 teenage daughters in 2012. Average price per share for them today, including DRP shares is 53c. My older daughter in her 2nd year at Uni has fallen so in love with her HNZ shares that she decided not to sell them to pay for her fees and instead takes extra shifts at the supermarket to top up the money received from HNZ's juicy dividends to pay the fees. I have no hesitation to suggest HNZ as a good investment for kids tertiary education as long as people are looking ahead a few years. And of course sign up to the DRP. DYOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Someone asked me by pm last week whether they should use their kids money to invest @ $1.27. ( I presumed this was money for their kids tertiary education). Same advice applies this week. If you're investing for 2-3 years or longer the fact that the SP has had a good run lately isn't going to matter. That said as per post #4383 don't expect another 32% in the next three months.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    It's up 7% since your post 4383 the other day

Well on the way to 32% in 3 months

That's only 170 odd

With increasing ROE and all that growth to come and HER still to come this is a classic case punters clamouring to own the bank than put money in the bank. After all HNZ always achieves what they say they will.

Simon and Jeff need to be upfront about real prospects. If they were 2 bucks by year end

Membaa

HNZ on an intra-day basis has exceeded the TA breakout target of $1.38, also resistance, a close above this would set the new support line.

Currently @ $1.39

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks PT, that's very helpful. So the charts should start in Feb 2011, which then looks like this. To update my previous post, the monthly chart that used "junk data", there is no gap to fill, it's only 'blue sky' above.

Attachment 6723

cheers
    BAA

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I invested in HNZ for my 2 teenage daughters in 2012. Average price per share for them today, including DRP shares is 53c. My older daughter in her 2nd year at Uni has fallen so in love with her HNZ shares that she decided not to sell them to pay for her fees and instead takes extra shifts at the supermarket to top up the money received from HNZ's juicy dividends to pay the fees. I have no hesitation to suggest HNZ as a good investment for kids tertiary education as long as people are looking ahead a few years. And of course sign up to the DRP. DYOR.
    I know how your daughter feels. As a student I loved my RJI and BIL shares. I loved them as much as I love my ANZ, hnz, spk and cnu shares today.

However, In October 1987 they took their love away. It was a nasty break up. I was left with nothing.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 05-02-2015 at 02:06 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I know how your daughter feels. As a student I loved my RJI and BIL shares. I loved them as much as I love my ANZ,, spk and cnu shares today.

However, In October 1987 they took their love away. It was a nasty break up. I was left with nothing.
    And Robert and Ron got knighthoods ?????????????????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And Robert and Ron got knighthoods ?????????????????!!!!!
    Sure did Percy which for me underlines the pathetic reasoning of the honours system.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It's up 7% since your post 4383 the other day

Well on the way to 32% in 3 months

That's only 170 odd

With increasing ROE and all that growth to come and HER still to come this is a classic case punters clamouring to own the bank than put money in the bank. After all HNZ always achieves what they say they will.
    Simon and Jeff need to be upfront about real prospects. If they were 2 bucks by year end
    Mate the post was made when it was $1.32 so maybe not up 7% depending on where the SP has already got to today but getting somewhere near that, about what someone would earn after tax by putting their money on deposit with HNZ for two years, not two minutes in the market which serves well to illustrate your other point.
    No question there's plenty more growth to come over time. Classic stock to stick in the bottom draw in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-02-2015 at 03:10 PM.

El Toro~

My parcel from December is up over 25% already, best stock of my portfolio thus far. Will be deploying more into it during the dips

V excited for the results