sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    HGH up 10.75% today to $1.03, it seems with the leveling off of NZ Covid19 curve and a lower new infection count the market has some buoyancy! I think people let media drive their buying decisions and we have not seen the economic impact at its worst yet. Still too early and we should see March low points hit lower by the end of Q2.
    You may well be right Ecks but I think the degree of doom looking out the window in Wanaka is much higher than in rural southland where work is going on as normal and farmers are salivating over a 60 cent exchange rate

Banned

What depression...?what bear market? What the hell u guys talking about..? Many people ... especially newbies are buying ......they even think skycity is a good buy.... without revenue at least till end of year ....

AIA is a bargain ..... no passengers at least till next year.....

Buy...buy ..buy...... great opportunities!

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Recklessness can cost you dear but prudence will never make you rich
    A sensible man watches for problems ahead and prepares to meet them.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    A sensible man watches for problems ahead and prepares to meet them.
    Perhaps, the often-used adage that the Chinese Hanzi character for the word ‘crisis’ is made up of the characters for the words ‘danger’ and ‘opportunity.’

Advanced Member

CFO bought some end of last month. Not many so not much of a vote of confidence. If he'd waited till today, he would have got them cheaper.
    Trouble is he doesn't have a crystal ball!

Recklessness can cost you dear but prudence will never make you rich
    https://www.youtube.com/?feature=ytca

As the much over quoted Buffett says, “when it’s raining gold, reach for a bucket, not a thimble”. This was from his 2010 annual letter to his shareholders ... right on the heels of the GFC.

Discl. Made my first foray into HGH at .93c

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Flat View Post

As the much over quoted Buffett says, “when it’s raining gold, reach for a bucket, not a thimble”. This was from his 2010 annual letter to his shareholders ... right on the heels of the GFC.

Depending on how long you have invested for..
    I think you may well be …. " Well Positioned "..

Advanced Member

Well....the problem of Heartland being to big a proportion of my portfolio is well and truly fixed.
    Silver lining in every cloud !

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Flat View Post

Well done, I picked up a thimbleful at 94c, think I will wait to see if there is return to panic before I bring out the bucket though.

Legend

I dont think HGH will be having too much trouble raking in the depositor gold at the moment with comparable tiny rates offered by their competitors for smaller terms and a system awash in Govt Loot, with limited avenues for spending aside from "the so called deemed Essentials"

Their deposit rates pages are only near Rabo - and as for the other players - HGH & Rabo now offer a very generous multiple of those on offer from many or bulk of the majors & other banks.

Hate to say it - Kiwibank (aka The People's Bank) now offer what seem to be the most miserable rates, after having been severely razored down in recent days

A few thimblefuls here and more to follow ..
    Last edited by nztx; 09-04-2020 at 12:52 AM. Reason: add more