sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Slightly off topic sorry but I have just sold a property and need somewhere to park the funds while I wait for another property to come up. Might be next week might be in a few months or even a few years away. Have looked at term deposits and the rates are sooo depressing. Heartland appears to have some of the best and I wondered if anyone uses them to park their money. I am very tempted to put a chunk into some “defensive” shares given interest rates are so horrible but in the current climate and given I may need to access the money within a short time period it is probably more “sensible” to park it in a bank. Be grateful to know where people park their spare money. Thanks in advance
    Put your "property" money on deposit.
    The money made on property is made in the buying,so you need your funds on hand.
    Remember the old sharemarket saying;"A long term investment is a short term one that did not work out."

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Hmm, I just did this but it doesn't seem to have retained any history, and the returns have been reset to 0%. You'd think this would be handled better..... oh well..
    Hmm.. Need to look at doing this too... Been a bit busy this week due to a new four legged barking machine joining the household..
    Does seem abit of a pain in the arse ..think they could come up with a way to automatically move holdings over to the new ticker code... I assume I have to change my portfolio holding over in ASB securities as well manually ? May ask them about it on Monday..

Dilettante

Hmm, I just did this but it doesn't seem to have retained any history, and the returns have been reset to 0%. You'd think this would be handled better..... oh well..
    I can find the HBL buy, sell and dividend history still under HBL by searching for it and bring it up. Yes not good that it doesn't just automatically change the ticker and name

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I can find the HBL buy, sell and dividend history still under HBL by searching for it and bring it up. Yes not good that it doesn't just automatically change the ticker and name
    Third world problems do stress punters out
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

The problem is that Heartland Bank (HBL) did not change its name to Heartland whatever it is today (HGH).

Heartland Bank still lives and is the issuer of the HBL010 thingies.

So, correctly, Heartland Gross overHeads (HGH) is a new company and the NZX et al are treating it as such.

Luckily I am master of my own software and have treated it as yet another name change with continuity of data.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    Somewhat annoying having to move all my HBL holding to HGH in tracking software/websites etc...
    Check with percy and winner - they both told me (when I complained) that HBL's latest name and ticker change is the best thing since the invention of sliced bread ... must triple the share price or something.

I doubt they can help you, but they might be able to cheer you guys up ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

G
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Check with percy and winner - they both told me (when I complained) that HBL's latest name and ticker change is the best thing since the invention of sliced bread ... must triple the share price or something.

I doubt they can help you, but they might be able to cheer you guys up ;
    BP - there’s some things you just don’t get eh
    Last edited by winner69; 03-11-2018 at 07:05 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Always interesting seeing how much skin directors have in the game.
    Greg Tomlinson has $83.66 mil.............
    Chairman Geoffrey Ricketts [and mates] $20.56 mil.
    Together over $100mil.
    Other directors and management also have large holdings.
    Growth opportunities in Australia.Yes thank you, we will help ourselves to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Hmm.. Need to look at doing this too... Been a bit busy this week due to a new four legged barking machine joining the household..
    Does seem abit of a pain in the arse ..think they could come up with a way to automatically move holdings over to the new ticker code... I assume I have to change my portfolio holding over in ASB securities as well manually ? May ask them about it on Monday..
    Get the right one mate and its the ultimate investment. I'm convinced one of my dogs that cost $995 is worth $1m now, but I could be "slightly" biased through emotional attachment Some of the "dividends" Basil leaves on the deck aren't especially rewarding though lol
    Not sure what came over me on Friday but I bought a few more of these fancy new group holdings things.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-11-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Get the right one mate and its the ultimate investment. I'm convinced one of my dogs that cost $995 is worth $1m now, but I could be "slightly" biased through emotional attachment Some of the "dividends" Basil leaves on the deck aren't especially rewarding though lol
    Not sure what came over me on Friday but I bought a few more of these fancy new group holdings things.
    A moment of profound wisdom.?