sharetrader
    percy

I think you are right.I would not be surprised either.

percy

Well I am very surprised he is moving from HGH, with a market cap of near $768mil, to NZM with a market cap of near $100mil. ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I am very surprised he is moving from HGH, with a market cap of near $768mil, to NZM with a market cap of near $100mil. ?
    NZM will pay him the big(er) bucks I reckon... they need to try turn that slowly sinking ship around
    New challenge for David etc... maybe the bank job isn't all that he thought it would be

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    NZM will pay him the big(er) bucks I reckon... they need to try turn that slowly sinking ship around
    New challenge for David etc... maybe the bank job isn't all that he thought it would be
    I'm not sure if hes a strategist or simply a good bean counter.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

"Heartland will consider its on-going requirements, particularly in light of the recent corporate restructure, and will provide a further market update prior to David’s departure.

That's code Jeff uses to say he is going to start empire building .....probably a Group Finance person with a CFO for both both the Bank and Australia reporting to him. Sounds like more expenses to me
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    "Heartland will consider its on-going requirements, particularly in light of the recent corporate restructure, and will provide a further market update prior to David’s departure.

That's code Jeff uses to say he is going to start empire building .....probably a Group Finance person with a CFO for both both the Bank and Australia reporting to him. Sounds like more expenses to me
    Sounds to me as though Jeff is laying the foundations to deliver on the growth opportunities, avaliable to HGH in both NZ and Australia.
    Bring it on.

Membaa

From $2.14 high to this YE close $1.36 is a big disappointment. Stuff the dividends, it'd be years to recover that degree of capital losses. Shows how with ramping and ceaseless promotion, that a share can get way ahead of itself and upset a lot of punters for a long time when sensibility creeps back in. God help HGH if the market Bear truely takes hold, all I can say is you'll need a strong stomach if you're holding and impeccable timing to find and get a fill at the lows, wherever that ends up being.

percy

I respect the directors and management of HGH more than Sharetrader posters,as they have very large personnel holdings,and each have proven successful business records.
    None of them have sold any of their shares.
    HGH have a record of achieving what they say they will do.They are taking advantage of the opportunities that are avaliable to them.
    I still retain my view of HGH as a high conviction stock.It is my second largest holding.
    I will refrain from making a decission to hold,sell or buy more until HGH's interim report is released in early Feburary,however I am expecting a solid result with a positive outlook..

disc.I brought a few more last week,as a Christmas present for myself..
    Last edited by percy; 24-12-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I respect the directors and management of HGH more than Sharetrader posters,as they have very large personnel holdings,and each have proven successful business records.
    None of them have sold any of their shares.
    HGH have a record of achieving what they say they will do.They are taking advantage of the opportunities that are avaliable to them.
    I still retain my view of HGH as a high conviction stock.It is my second largest holding.
    I will refrain from making a decission to hold,sell or buy more until HGH's interim report is released in early Feburary,however I am expecting a solid result with a positive outlook..

disc.I brought a few more last week.
    I'm thinking both HGH and TRA will be good candidates for the 2019 stock picking comp, dash I've let the cat out of the bag now.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm thinking both HGH and TRA will be good candidates for the 2019 stock picking comp, dash I've let the cat out of the bag now.
    Neither are defensive in a bear market so to pick then one needs to assume either the bear isn't coming here or these companies are special and immune to a bear market, (nothing about their SP performance in 2018 provides evidence of the latter in my opinion). If they could just stop going down and pay their dividends for 2019 that would be a good start. (Still hold some HGH)
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-12-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine