sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    only if you want to go to Wellington or Whanganui. Not so good if you're going to Vladivostok
    Now theres a place I have often heard about but never visited.What is it like?Anyone been?
    I imagine pretty cold.

percy
    Last edited by percy; 28-07-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Seems profit will be about the guidance they’ve stayed with all year

No big adjustments (ie impairments) coming

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...731/328085.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

interesting that they will be filing reports outside the usual deadlines though...seems slightly unusual if it is 'business as usual'. Am I missing something?
    But yes, no +/- 10% movement from guidance obviously...

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    removed

The announcement tentatively dangled the prospect of a final dividend, without promising there would be one, while saying they were taking extra time to sort out the Covid-19 effects on their business. I guess we shareholders might infer from that, that the reverse mortgage business in Australia must be doing well. If it wasn't, then a dividend from the outside of the Heartland Bank sub unit, the Australian arm of Heartland, would not be possible. But the Australian arm is also capital hungry, which is why it was removed from inside of Heartland Bank to start with. So we could also assume that if a dividend is paid, then the outlook for growth of the Australian arm is poor.

As for there being no significant impairments coming, if something was obvious by now then Heartland would have a duty to the market to announce it. But all Heartland have said is that they are taking a bit more time with their accounts to make sure they can work through any Covid-19 effects. So while it is encouraging that there are no reasons to declare significant impairments right now, in contrast to what Winner has written, I don't think we are off the hook. On the contrary, I think this announcement is an attempt to talk up the market in preparation for a cash issue that will be used to cover the upcoming Covid-19 provisioning. The cash issue will be sold as a prudent response to the unknown flow on effect of Covid-19 as we move into 2021. Logically a cash issue would mean 'no dividend'. But Heartland has a history of paying dividends while raising capital in the same period. So we will see.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Banned

HEartland is well managed and resilient....

Jeez Snoops you have good eyes being able to read all that between the lines ...your report longer than theirs lol.

Extension waivers was meant to cover the physical practicalities of finalizing reports like key staff working from home and auditors not getting to Heartlands office due to lockdown etc etc - as opposed to actually adding up things / impacts.

Never mind another month to see what eventuates bit I'd be very disappointed in Jeff in he produces say a $30m to $40m provision now

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Bit of volume ( 2,688,000 ) @ $1.20 changed hands at the end of the day.
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

There’s a one bagger here, once things settle down a bit. If they can keep paying dividends that will allay the wait somewhat.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    There’s a one bagger here, once things settle down a bit. If they can keep paying dividends that will allay the wait somewhat.
    I think you are right BaaBaa and I feel a bit uncomfortable being out of this one since the beginning. But I sort of feel it would be a bit irresponsible of them to pay a final dividend with the RBNZ asking banks not to pay dividends and the profitable Aussie business needing a lot of new cash to keep growing.
    At this stage I'm comfortable sticking to my plan of re-entering the SH register in late 2021 or 2022, subject to satisfactory results.