sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Well...a lot of angry sellers there.....stop loss trigger...sell..sell.sell
    Don't discount margin call selling!

Looks like Forbar type style selling from their leveraged finance book!

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Do you really think so Winner ? Let’s say it’s just an ordinary report, some growth, dividend maintained. And they acknowledge some kind of negative reaction to the Australian issues and the loss of the mortgage brokers. That’s what I am expecting. But will the price really drop a lot further ?

Personally I don’t really think so. The PE ( hard to find at the moment) is undemanding. The dividend is good and hopefully they maintain it. I think it’s gone about as low as it will. If I was not already over weighted with them, I would buy a few more. Disc. Hold, Avg 106c

Hope I am right.
    Here are your PE"s (at SP = $1.33):

Forward PE (based on average of next 3 years forecasted earnings) is 9.8;
    forward earnings CAGR is 7.4

backward PE (based on the last 6 years earnings) is 14;
    backwards earnings CAGR is 13.

So - earnings growth expected to drop, but 7% pa is still no reason to hide under a rock, particularly in combination with a forward PE of under 10.

Couldn't resist and bought back in ... lets hope KW's famous words won't haunt me.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don't discount margin call selling!

Looks like Forbar type style selling from their leveraged finance book!
    nah..I will never sell my HGH...it is a cash cow....good dividend share

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Here are your PE"s (at SP = $1.33):

Forward PE (based on average of next 3 years forecasted earnings) is 9.8;
    forward earnings CAGR is 7.4

backward PE (based on the last 6 years earnings) is 14;
    backwards earnings CAGR is 13.

So - earnings growth expected to drop, but 7% pa is still no reason to hide under a rock, particularly in combination with a forward PE of under 10.

Couldn't resist and bought back in ... lets hope KW's famous words won't haunt me.
    Never buy in a downtrend. Those words have been ringing VERY LOUD in my ears today !!!! I agree the metrics look compelling.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

The dividend is good and hopefully they maintain it. I think it’s gone about as low as it will. If I was not already over weighted with them, I would buy a few more. Disc. Hold, Avg 106c.
    Hopefully maintain the divie you say ....hasn’t changed increased for a year or so now so what you reckon would happen if the divie was not maintained ...put to rest that great phrase ever increasing divies eh

Disc: Hold. Average - Minus $0.35
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Never buy in a downtrend. Those words have been ringing VERY LOUD in my ears today !!!! I agree the metrics look compelling.

Well..it has been downtrend since last year peak..$2.12....for sure it will bounce back at one stage

Some dog who picked the top at $2.14 reckons he might have nailed very close to the bottom at $1.33. Couldn't help myself.

Sharing my latest sector comparative research which is based on yesterday's prices so forward PE is even more compelling for HGH at $1.33 today. Keep in mind Aussie banks face multi billion fines for their reckless behaviour.
    Sector comparison - all figures consensus average analyst view off market screener 4 traders site.
    Forward PE's for FY19, FY20 FY21
    ANZ 11.3, 10.8, 10.8
    NAB 10.5, 10.2, 10.3
    WBC 11.3, 11.4, 11.7
    BEN 12.1, 12.1, 12.4
    CBA 13.2,13.8,14.2
    BOQ 11.9, 11.9, 12.3
    HGH 11.6, 9.9, 9.3
    Avg 11.6, 11.4, 11.6 (avg = sector average)

Keep in mind not only above expensive fines only for Aussie banks but HGH's better capitalisation rate and no issues with RBNZ capital requirements, its apparent better forecast eps growth and its the only company with which we can get full imputation credits.
    American financials as a sector up 13% YTD on the US markets according to CNBC.
    HGH has gone backwards ?
    Opportunity appears to be knocking pretty loudly !...so loudly it drowned KW's advice out of my head.

My rating BBB (Beagle busy buying)
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-02-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Some dog who picked the top at $2.14 reckons he might have nailed very close to the bottom at $1.33. Couldn't help myself.

Sharing my latest sector comparative research which is based on yesterday's prices so forward PE is even more compelling for HGH at $1.33 today. Keep in mind Aussie banks face multi billion fines for their reckless behaviour.
    Sector comparison - all figures consensus average analyst view off market screener 4 traders site.
    Forward PE's for FY19, FY20 FY21
    ANZ 11.3, 10.8, 10.8
    NAB 10.5, 10.2, 10.3
    WBC 11.3, 11.4, 11.7
    BEN 12.1, 12.1, 12.4
    CBA 13.2,13.8,14.2
    BOQ 11.9, 11.9, 12.3
    HGH 11.6, 9.9, 9.3
    Avg 11.6, 11.4, 11.6 (avg = sector average)

Keep in mind not only above expensive fines only for Aussie banks but HGH's better capitalisation rate and no issues with RBNZ capital requirements, its apparent better forecast eps growth and its the only company with which we can get full imputation credits.
    American financials as a sector up 13% YTD on the US markets according to CNBC.
    HGH has gone backwards ?
    Opportunity appears to be knocking pretty loudly !...so loudly it drowned KW's advice out of my head.

My rating BBB (Beagle busy buying)
    Well, here we have the first and long expected reversal signal: BBB! Lets hope other indicators will follow and confirm ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Some dog who picked the top at $2.14
    I think you might have already mentioned that.

Thanks for the research, I also just bought at at 1.33 and will keep buying until it stops dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, here we have the first and long expected reversal signal: BBB! Lets hope other indicators will follow and confirm ...
    Hope so mate. If this isn't the bottom I'm hopeful its very very close.