sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey beagle me old mate ...no more relativity exercises v Australian banks allowed.....yep,not allowed now.

Jeff says -

Current bank price-to-earnings ratio multiples are below many of those for finance companies and fintechs, and Heartland recognises that its current share price may not appropriately reflect the price of underlying nature of its businesses. Consequently, the Board has asked management to explore this and identify means of optimising value.

Even that ultimate dog FXL trades on a PE of 20 .....Jeff must have noticed
    Does look super cheap on a forward PE of 8.8 that's for sure. Normal range is 11-17. Once we're on top of this virus it'll be back to 17 again as growth surges back into the economy. Heck 14.5 cps x 17 = $2.47...easy double your money stuff when the coast is clear. What could possibly go wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just what we would expect from a board whose members are substantial shareholders.It is called "the owners eye."

Disc.I am again a shareholder.
    Welcome back on board. Better to be on the right side of the investment ledger eh mate, 8.2% yield > 1.5% on term deposit
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-09-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don’t agree there mate

They’ll concentrate on the business ....but they need to tell a story that they are not a bank

The bank story did what they wanted it to do years ago ...remember the chief financial guy saying becoming a Bank was only an advertising ploy and gave them ‘credibility’ ..... now they’ve grown up and a essentially a finance company.

If fintechs get rated at greater multiples then a fantastic story to tell the story they are more than a boring bank

I’m all for it ...great move

Maybe jeff has listened to some shareholders ...some been saying that for a while
    I hope you're right. I'm staying long but I'm not resting that easy with it.

Banned

Great...all the masters are back on holding...all aboard!!!!! The ships ia ready to sail!

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Does look super cheap on a forward PE of 8.8 that's for sure. Normal range is 11-17. Once we're on top of this virus it'll be back to 17 again as growth surges back into the economy. Heck 14.5 cps x 17 = $2.47...easy double your money stuff when the coast is clear. What could possibly go wrong lol

Welcome back on board. Better to be on the right side of the investment ledger eh mate, 8.2% yield > 1.5% on term deposit
    Had a T/D mature last week..Got a phone call from Heartland offering me 1.65% for 6 or 9 months..
    Politely declined the offer...bought shares today instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Had a T/D mature last week..Got a phone call from Heartland offering me 1.65% for 6 or 9 months..
    Good move mate. Just got to get Iceman back on board now and all the good old boys will be back. Toot Toot Iceman...the train is leaving the station
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Good move - makes perfect sense, happy long term holder, pleasing result.

Membaa

Like RTM I had some concerns about whether the divvy would be retained, so today there were two orders on market, the buy if it was good, the sell if it wasn’t.

Happily I have a few more of heartland and for me the results and divvy ticked all the boxes, the outlook was the icing on the cake.

As some would say, and apologies for stealing this … we are well positioned.

🤣

Banned

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift... that's why they call it present'

HGH was unloved stock till this morning. A lot u guys said doom n gloom....

No one can predict the future...But we all can be assured now...HGH is well positioned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9SK4l2ibvM Guess what I did at market open
    Entered at a price of $1.20, well that's the price I got as I topped up in the open trade. Putting the announcement on at 9.50am did however mean it was only a short window to read, consider if it would be a good feed and put in the buy order.

Guru

I hope the dividends will resume soon, it will be faster than other companies who you'd expect to recover faster than a bank (or innovative fintech )

From the 2020FY presentation:

96% of Consumer loans and 98% of SME and Business loans are on usual (pre-COVID) repayment schedules or have taken up Heartland Extend.

I imagine the rural loans will be doing well given our strong export numbers.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 17-09-2020 at 10:11 PM.