sharetrader
Page 981 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 481881931971977978979980981982983984985991103110811481 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,810 of 17360

The directors of Heartland should be careful this is not seen as payment of an indulgence to wash away their sins should the Commerce Commissions case go against them.

Edit:Oops scratch that I was confusing Harmony with Heartland.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 11-09-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: premis of post wrong
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The directors of Heartland should be careful this is not seen as payment of an indulgence to wash away their sins should the Commerce Commissions case go against them.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    What case?.
    Should you be refering to Harmoney,put it on Harmoney's thread,as it is small beer to HBL..

The Board and management must be able to justify the donation. They need to be asked what the return is on the 'investment'.
    Surely this was done with a benefit to the company in mind?
    Otherwise it is totally unjustified and a waste shareholders money.
    Without accountability where does this end? Are they entitled to give away your money to whatever cause -political or otherwise -that takes their fancy?

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    The Board and management must be able to justify the donation. They need to be asked what the return is on the 'investment'.
    Without accountability where does this end? Are they entitled to give away your money to whatever cause -political or otherwise -that takes their fancy?
    Well said. They have a duty of care to shareholders to maximize returns so someone needs to step up to the plate and ask them at the forthcoming annual meeting how this is in the best interests of shareholders ? Forgive me I forget, where is the annual meeting being held this year ? Its no secret the hound enjoys a good debate and is never shy of barking so if I go along I'll bark about it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

On your bike Biker,and head to HBL's next agm and tell the directors.
    The Beagle will give support with one of his great howls.
    I look forward to watching the show, on the agm web cast.
    Should liven up proceedings.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Doesn't a return in 'investment' sort of imply bribe?

Not good
    Last edited by winner69; 11-09-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    On your bike Biker,and head to HBL's next agm and tell the directors.
    The Beagle will give support with one of his great howls.
    I look forward to watching the show, on the agm web cast.
    Should liven up proceedings.
    lol.
    If Biker is nice and gives the beagle a pat I might promote him to "Beagle status" for the day and then we can howl in unison
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C6&FORM=VRDGAR
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If Biker is nice and gives the beagle a pat I might promote him to "Beagle status" for the day and then we can howl in unison
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C6&FORM=VRDGAR
    That's disgraceful.
    I note the other hound even howls out of tune,!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    That's disgraceful.
    I note the other hound even howls out of tune,!
    lol..more annoying for the board when different shareholders howl about the same issue but with different tunes

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    lol..more annoying for the board when different shareholders howl about the same issue but with different tunes
    That's what makes the board so valuable, differing methods, viewpoints and opinions. Sad that some seem to move very quickly to deriding anything that differs from their own viewpoint. A more mature and respectful approach is to state ones views and ignore others that one does not agree with, outside of an informed debate, especially avoiding personal derision, thus letting the readers decide for themselves. This thread has at times plumbed the heights of ramping, the lows of downramping and the disappointing depths of personal attacks. Unnecessary really.