sharetrader

HGHVNZX50.jpg

Important to understand that the market has been very weak since early January and is in fact now trading below where it was 3 months ago. HGH on the other hand...

I thought it was a very solid result and good quality. Some people might have been hoping for more.... Rome wasn't built in a day...
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-02-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    HGHVNZX50.jpg

Important to understand that the market has been very weak since early January and is in fact now trading below where it was 3 months ago. HGH on the other hand...

I thought it was a very solid result and good quality. Some people might have been hoping for more.... Rome wasn't built in a day...
    Agreed .. IMO there will be some further respectable Div movements when the Reserve Bank
    straight jacket comes off ..

Default Hgh vs ANZ (NXZ listing)

Quote Originally Posted by TobyPascoe92 View Post
    Market does not seem enthused by HGH at all at the moment. Thought the short timeframe to grab the divi would have fired things up ...
    There has been a close alignment between HGH movements and ANZ (NZX listing) over the last year.
    In Jan HGH jumped a little bit ahead but they have realigned in Feb.
    anz_vs_hgh.JPG

... have power to make you great

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/were-...151523917.html

Some analysts believe the rise in bond yields is overdue, since it reflects stronger economic growth.

“We think that bond yields are rising because inflation expectations are growing and also because growth expectations are growing and those are both generally good indicators for stocks,” Hazen told Yahoo Finance Live.

Hazen said when economic growth rises along with inflation you want to “own stocks that have pricing power” such as interest rate sensitive bank stocks.
    Last edited by Habits; 25-02-2021 at 06:21 AM.

Beagle
    Yesterdays announcement must be good for Heartland?

What announcement are you referring too ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

What announcement are you referring too ?
    Between the Gov and RBNZ

https://www.rbnz.govt.nz/news/2021/0...cus-on-housing Is this what you are referring too ?
    Not sure I draw any connection to how this benefits HGH ? Can you unpack your thinking a bit for me mate ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-02-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Advanced Member

https://www.rbnz.govt.nz/news/2021/0...cus-on-housing Is this what you are referring too ?
    Not sure I draw any connection to how this benefits HGH ? Can you unpack your thinking a bit for me mate ?
    I think he means in a rising interest rate environment the banks will put up rates and take more of a margin ....
    This might be so for the long end, short rates should stay relatively cheap for now imo

I got a bit better understanding now Beagle cheers
    Still baffled as to why so many would sell out the day before a dividend date but all good accumulated a few more