sharetrader
Page 100 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 5090969798991001011021031041101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 17213
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Who has the 'tea lady' been talking to? She must have mentioned bonza something and punters listening

Doesn't it concern you loyal band of dedicated followers (like groupies) that maybe governance etc isn't as strong as it should be .... just maybe
    Suspect she has been talking to Sparky The Clown.!!!!!

It can't last!

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Exactly, there is more money to be made elsewhere. Good to see the government has good financial analysts who know a good deal when they see it!

Maybe we should all just form a cult that invests wherever Milford Asset Management and ACC do with the Clown as our mascot???
    Yes, ACC also hold GPG and I often wonder how much of our hard earned fees they lost there. Which begs the question as to why ACC is risking tax payers funds on the sharemarket? But we digress...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Yes, ACC also hold GPG and I often wonder how much of our hard earned fees they lost there. Which begs the question as to why ACC is risking tax payers funds on the sharemarket? But we digress...
    Their record of successful investing in the sharemarket means you have don't have work so hard to pay their fees.
    Yes,it pays to watch what they do.

percy

Feel like next time I injure myself I should just say "pay me in HNZ stock please"
    Love it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Share Collector

Feel like next time I injure myself I should just say "pay me in HNZ stock please"
    Hehe. Right up my alley at the moment.... I'll test it next time they call.

CBA vs todays ANZ result. What does this mean for HNZ? 65c by the end of the month or 80c?

Percy. I went down to the Childrens Bookshop, The Reading Bug, in Beckenham today. Gone. Closed. Empty shop. Then Beckenham Footware are closing down. What is happening to retail, or is it all going to the internet? Advice and comments please from you Percy. A bit off topic, but reflects the commercial situation in Christchurch at present. Is this happening around NZ? Other comments of course also welcome.
    Note, share price doldrums reflects the Canterbury investors sentiments plus their financial position. So the value of Heartland is probably not reflected in the share price. Which gives a bit of help to lazy investors like me who buy and hold.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Percy. I went down to the Childrens Bookshop, The Reading Bug, in Beckenham today. Gone. Closed. Empty shop. Then Beckenham Footware are closing down. What is happening to retail, or is it all going to the internet?
    If they lease their premises they would have to move because commercial and office rent has increased substantially every year since the earthquakes.

If they were making a slim/moderate margin before the earthquakes after rent then they would surely be making a loss now...

However, if they own their premises then they will be leasing it out for a killing and moving to the internet!

percy

Hi Mouse.
    Another big day finishing off another great week selling books to schools.Today, it was the lovely people of Oamaru who had the opportunity to purchase Percy's fine wares at great prices.!!! Why sit around waiting for customers when you can go to them.The Reading Bug,sat waiting for customers,who did not arrive.They did nothing to attract customer.They did not deserve to survive.
    Beckenham/Sydneham are finding their customers have shifted to other areas.Areas change.Shopping habits are changing,internet,earthquakes are all working to mix us up.Barrington Mall is picking up a lot of Beckenham/Sydneham customers.Remember Riccarton and Northlands Mall took towns' customers.The Hub at Hornby is getting stronger.HNZ closed Sydenham Branch because it was past it's best by date,
    Share price doldrums I can't understand you.EBO hit record hights,RYM going gang busters,even our LPC is starting to show signs of life.HNZ is seeing a lot of activity which is great.
    As investors we need to note these changes and invest in go ahead companies, who are adapting and making profits from these changes.We must not get stuck with The Reading Bug and Beckenham footwear type companies.
    Remember change equals opportunity.Winners/losers.Always been that way.
    Last edited by percy; 15-02-2013 at 09:05 PM.