sharetrader
Page 101 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 17210

Many thanks Percy for your comments. Very interesting that you feel Sydenham is past its use by date for retail. I am sure HNZ will do pretty well once the sell hangover goes. We have people who bought at 50 cents taking profit, plus disillusioned investors wanting out. All depressing the share price.

Advanced Member

" As investors we need to note these changes and invest in go ahead companies, "..

Agree percy.. Why all the concern about Rakon ?? ..

Yesterdays people..

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    " As investors we need to note these changes and invest in go ahead companies, "..

Agree percy.. Why all the concern about Rakon ?? ..

Yesterdays people..
    Rakon exciting as they come janner .... plenty of volatility and action and if traders play their cards right maybe heaps come their way ....... Heartland boring as at the moment (even though moossie wet his pants over them the other day) .... at least I think it was moossie

All to their own janner .... now janner its past your bed time so get percy to tuck you up in bed so you can have sweet dreams about Heartland

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Rakon exciting as they come janner .... plenty of volatility and action and if traders play their cards right maybe heaps come their way ....... Heartland boring as at the moment (even though moossie wet his pants over them the other day) .... at least I think it was moossie

Agree ..Plenty of volatility.. Plenty of Risk.. Not worth the minor effort worrying about it..

Bigger fish out there waiting to be hooked..

All to their own janner .... now janner its past your bed time so get percy to tuck you up in bed so you can have sweet dreams about Heartland
    No No Winner... We ancients do not need so much sleep as you youngsters..

Which is only one of the reasons we are ahead .

Oh !!.. 4:30 rise .. That is am ... Not tea time..

Default Come oNNN

Shouldnt be to far away
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where would i be without you moosie!
    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Your information is a little bit off there Huskeez, still have another week to go unfortunately...HNZ 04/02/2013 10:17 GENERAL REL: 1017 HRS Heartland New Zealand Limited GENERAL: HNZ: Heartland's Half Year Results Announcement NZX Release Heartland's Half Year Results Announcement 4 February 2013 Heartland New Zealand Limited (NZX: HNZ) intends to announce its Half Year Results for the six month period ending 31 December 2012 on Monday 25 February 2013.

I go for 1.5cents.
    Anyone want to take a guess at a dividend (even if there is going to be one)?

I am still going for 1.5 cents. Since it is an interim, not a final. Plus its the first 'ordinary' dividend. They will be prudent, yet at the same time try to grow the dividend. In a prudent manner of course!

percy

Yeah that was a special one off though, as referred to in the November 30 communique:

30 November 2012

Heartland New Zealand Limited (Heartland) (NZX:HNZ) has adopted a dividend
    policy, and determined to pay a special dividend.

Dividend Policy
    The directors of Heartland have adopted a dividend policy. The policy is as
    follows:
    Heartland will determine dividends (both interim and final) based on its net
    profit after tax, subject to maintaining a prudent level of capital for its
    needs. Heartland's capital needs will vary from time to time, depending on a
    range of factors (including regulatory and credit rating requirements,
    general economic conditions, current and expected growth and the mix of
    business). A key objective is to ensure an appropriate balance between
    maximising shareholder returns, and protecting the interests of depositors
    through prudent capital management.

Special Dividend
    The directors of Heartland have resolved to pay a special dividend of 1.5
    cents per share on 21 December 2012 to shareholders on the company's register
    as at 5.00pm on 14 December 2012. This dividend will be fully imputed.

So, it sounds pretty straight forward that it is based on NPAT, but then they throw in cloudy, murky things like "general economic conditions" and "mix of business". In other words, you're guess is as good as mine, but I would guess it will be better than 1.5 cents if NPAT is met or exceeded!
    The chairman,Bruce Irvine did add that they were looking at a number of opportunities.We have heard no more.However, should they have something in mind/close that may influence whether/or how much they pay in dividends.What I am looking to with this interim announcement, is on the progress made to make the business more profitable,progress made on troublesome property portfolio,and growth being achieved.They have laid the sound foundations,so now they should be getting on with it.I really do expect they will pay a divie,but not concerned how much it is,it is the state of the business and future prospects that is most important to me. future.

And being a new bank I am sure they are well aware that the authorities will be watching them closely. I pick a conservative dividend that retains capital for growth and stability.