sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    Have just started on my exit strategy so quite pleased with pricing. Although it pains me to sell these, I will need the money soon. If only some of my dogs would revive a bit I could ditch them and hang on to hbl.
    Ditch the dogs.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Emotion based selling

Have just started on my exit strategy so quite pleased with pricing. Although it pains me to sell these, I will need the money soon. If only some of my dogs would revive a bit I could ditch them and hang on to hbl.
    A $ is a $ whether you get it from a dead dog or a lively cat.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Ditch the dogs.
    I’m kind of hoping the dog will recover a bit first. It’s always hard to cut your losses.

I’m kind of hoping the dog will recover a bit first. It’s always hard to cut your losses.
    Is the dog more likely to to recover than your "star" is likely to keep flying?

While you are right - it is hard to cut losses, it is normally much wiser than cutting your future gains!

KW had some saying about buying in downtrends and the same thing applies (within reason) about selling in uptrends ...

Obviously - DYOR - someones dog might be someone else's hero ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Is the dog more likely to to recover than your "star" is likely to keep flying?

While you are right - it is hard to cut losses, it is normally much wiser than cutting your future gains!

KW had some saying about buying in downtrends and the same thing applies (within reason) about selling in uptrends ...

Obviously - DYOR - someones dog might be someone else's hero ;
    I appreciate all the sage advice from everyone. You will no doubt be pleased to know I am taking up my rights at least. Now all I need to do is transfer the sales of HBL so far, (only sold half my shareholding) from my non interest bearing account into my heartland bank account and learn to sit on my hands and not invest any money anywhere else no matter how good it seems. (the sitting on hands may not be as simple as it sounds)

Man, I missed it hitting $2, thought I better sign up for the rights issue today!

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    Man, I missed it hitting $2, thought I better sign up for the rights issue today!
    Managed to do mine on line yesterday because the snail mail still not arrived....just got to find the 25 grand now...still worth it with the rights versus the sp

If HBL's banking services are as efficient as the way they handle direct debits then things can only be positive. It must have been pretty much as soon as my form arrived on a desk the money came out of my account.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    If HBL's banking services are as efficient as the way they handle direct debits then things can only be positive. It must have been pretty much as soon as my form arrived on a desk the money came out of my account.
    Yes well we all would like to agree with you,however it is not HBL who is quick on the withdrawal,but Link Market Services.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes well we all would like to agree with you,however it is not HBL who is quick on the withdrawal,but Link Market Services.
    Having good business partners is half the secret to companies success.