sharetrader
Page 103 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 35393991001011021031041051061071131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 17213

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    What can you do - markets at work. Still. I have enough of both now that I'm happily placed for the future.
    Agreed - I still higher in the short term than your buy-in though - I wasn't insulting you just highlighting the excitement of HEARTLAND BANK!

AWOL

Moosie you will give yourself a (heartland) attack. Stay balanced and wait. You are in Hawkes Bay, I'm in Taranaki, now that's balance.

AWOL

Have you got a case of Labatts Blue over there or Canadian Club. Hope you have because you will need it when it Heartland hits NTA. (Eventually) Patience is a virtue supposedly.

AWOL

Crikey, that's the smoothest rye ever made. Are you going to drive your Lamborghini to pick up your dividend cheques?
    Got a welcome to the Heartland Bank today - lovely to have you on board - that sort of thing. Notice there was no mention of reinvesting divs if available or perhaps I missed it.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Patience is a great virtue which I have learned over the past 2 years.
    What took you so long?

AWOL

Moosie - we have news - its all bad. When you are 70 two years seems like last week - suggest you make the most of it. Now the scene seems to be on the improve with Heartland we can put all the proceeds into NTL before long. Hope you actually drive a Toyota Corolla 1999. Non earning assets are nice to look at but don't amount to much in the long run especially if debt is involved.
    May you make enough out of Heartland to get all the things you need.
    Does Aratoi mean anything to you?
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 21-02-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Forgot something

We do not have a normal market for Heartland at present. The traders who bought at less than 50 cents may be pretty happy to take their profit and buy Solid Energy, or some other company under pressure. Plus we have the original investors who have seen their cash destroyed. So they want out, and anything over 75 cents would satisfy. We may have to wait until the end of this year to get over a dollar. And that will depend upon reasonable profits and dividends.
    That 75-76 cent ceiling is proving to be interesting, still people willing to sell even today. Pressure still building on the bid side though and those willing to pay 74 for it. Steady as she goes indeed!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    We do not have a normal market for Heartland at present. The traders who bought at less than 50 cents may be pretty happy to take their profit and buy Solid Energy, or some other company under pressure. Plus we have the original investors who have seen their cash destroyed. So they want out, and anything over 75 cents would satisfy. We may have to wait until the end of this year to get over a dollar. And that will depend upon reasonable profits and dividends.
    I think you are absolutely correct Moosie. Heartland's SP is being held down by influences from yesteryear and understandably so. There are still many negatively affected people holding shares and wanting to realise their capital. Many of them fairly mature and not interested in any "risky" investments. I have been taking advantage (in my view) of this situation and accumulating steadily over the last couple of months and am a very content shareholder with already very nice unrealised capital gains. I do expect further SP improvements and good dividend payments in years to come so am very happy with HNZ being a bit overweighted in my portfolio.

Guru

I did a quick calculation yesterday assuming a continuation of a "conservative" EPS of 7 cents (6 cents last report, 5 the time before) with forecasted NPAT of $21M this report (lower end of the scale) and found that on a P/E of 15 the SP should be at a fair price of $1.05 - $1.10. This is more than reasonable I feel as every other stock is working around a P/E of 15 at the moment and the other banking stocks are at this level as well. Put in the fact that HNZ is realising its property investments and growing much faster than ANZ or WBC ever will, I think it could soon break out and become a growth stock for awhile when people actually realise what they have on their hands. Or not, and it will juts muddle like it has. At some point, I believe, there will be a tipping point where those disenfranchised early investors will be out and replaced with new blood that only sees upside to the SP. Where that point is, I don't know, but HNZ is very undervalued right now if I am correct and is one of the last few bargain plays available on the NZX.

Just my two cents

Disc - Holding
    Over a long period of years as an investor..I got to observe some companies which year after year continually operate below the Average P/E Ratio of the NZX..

Is HNZ going to be another one of these companies...

Disc: Hold

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Over a long period of years as an investor..I got to observe some companies which year after year continually operate below the Average P/E Ratio of the NZX..

Is HNZ going to be another one of these companies...

Disc: Hold
    No.
    The sector HNZ is in has the pontential to be one of the fastest growing sectors on the NZX.We could be looking at 15% to 20% compounding growth for a good number of years.
    They have achieved a great deal in a very short time;ie de merging from PGC,merging three business together [which was an achievement itself],getting through the Goverment Guarantee scheme,and obtaining the Banking Licence. All of this activity has cost a fortune.
    This ground work is now behind us and we can look forward to steady growth from now on.