sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Winner as you obviously haven't got to slide 17 yet and I know it will excite you, here are the contents:
    Diversity & inclusion
    • Committed to becoming a more
    diverse and inclusive place of work.
    • Member of Champions for Change.
    • Focused on attracting and retaining
    female leaders and improving gender
    balance across the business.
    • Increase Māori representation.
    • Aiming to be an employer of choice
    for emerging Māori talent.
    Many thanks indeed for your post. I am even more pleased now not to be a shareholder. People should be hired and promoted based on their talent and that's the ONLY relevant criteria in my opinion.

Percy mate, time is money. All I need to know is their EPS growth rate is slowing and is now in line with their peer group which are trading on much lower PE multiples the rest of this diversification, impairment and support of specific gender groups and race's is just a load of corporate public relations "creative speak", which goes by another name starting with B but probably best I don't use it Next they'll have a target workforce percentage from the "rainbow community" bet you're looking forward to that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

No hint of UDC that I can see in there.

Online platform needs a lot of work, limited functionality and poor interface for accessing accounts. I opened a new account a few weeks ago and had to wait to be assigned a password for my new login as their printers were down.. Yes they print the password instead of generating one online.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Many thanks indeed for your post. I am even more pleased now not to be a shareholder. People should be hired and promoted based on their talent and that's the ONLY relevant criteria in my opinion.

Percy mate, time is money. All I need to know is their EPS growth rate is slowing and is now in line with their peer group which are trading on much lower PE multiples the rest of this diversification, impairment and support of specific gender groups and race's is just a load of corporate public relations "creative speak", which goes by another name starting with B but probably best I don't use it Next they'll have a target workforce percentage from the "rainbow community" bet you're looking forward to that.
    As your wealthiest client will tell you, the figures do not tell the whole picture.
    Failure to look beyond eps growth for one period is dangerous.HBL's growth remains intact,and is well ahead of its peer group.Well ahead,because HBL do not carry their heavy baggage..
    It was a good result,sound ground work is now producing the results,with plenty of growth opportunities to come,from both NZ and Australia.
    Last edited by percy; 20-02-2018 at 12:19 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    No hint of UDC that I can see in there.
    Maybe it is on.? maybe it is not?
    If it is, we will know soon enough.!

Page 13 said: ROE reduced due to increase in capital

Means ‘new’ capital not returning as much as the ‘old’ capital was

Need to make it work harder

(And has been calculated on a weighted average)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Page 13 said: ROE reduced due to increase in capital

Means ‘new’ capital not returning as much as the ‘old’ capital was

Need to make it work harder

(And has been calculated on a weighted average)
    Hard to make new capital produce six months earnings in one month.!

Growth with diminishing returns is an interesting concept, esp in finance world

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Reverse mortgages NZ + $24m
    Reverse mortgages Oz + $ 58m
    Motor finance + $ 62m
    Personal loans + $25m
    Business loans + $46m
    So business segments are growing without any of the growth hitting the bottom line (EPS).

From my point of view there are two ways you can look at an investment in company (this isn't just about HBL now).

1. Invest in the company because you like the business and it's story

2. Invest in a company because you are looking to grow your investment through EPS and Dividend growth moving forward

Number 2 is how I look at all my investments. If a company isn't going to benefit me in either EPS and Dividends growth and its current price is quoted at a level that the market expects EPS growth. It signals a warning to me.

If I was looking to buy, I won't. As there would most likely be more downside (or sideways movement) in the share price than up
    If I was already holding, I would reduce or exit. For the same reason.

"Regardless of one's opinion, the market always has the last word" Mark Minervini

As mentioned in previous posts, I have nothing against HBL, enjoyed being part of their journey and the direction they are going. I'm just looking ahead at the EPS growth and know there are better Investment options out there for my money.

P.S TRA is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hard to make new capital produce six months earnings in one month.!

.....but they assumed / calculated there was really only one months worth of new capital (weighted) ....it only had to produce for 1 month and not the six

But the $40m raised pre June 17 was working for the full six months
    Last edited by winner69; 20-02-2018 at 12:32 PM.