sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I had a look at eh Reverse Mortgage calculator the other day. It looks like they will give you 10 - 15% of property value at 7.8% Which seemed ultra conservative and expensi to me. I'd go 80% at 5.5% - but then I'm not a banker. Must be loads of opportunity for growth just there.
    Fully agree.
    I dont understand all the negativity.
    Bought heaps today at what I regard is a discounted price-take off the divi and it is very cheap imho

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Market Cap Westpac 110 billion $
    Market Cap HBL. 1.0 billion $

I think that The big banks have sod all chance of growing as fast as HBL

My view is that HBL are really just starting out. Still wearing short pants. They are still young and nimble.
    I like your thinking Brain. I think you deserve a name change to “The Brain”
    SCOTTY

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I dont understand all the negativity.
    Bought heaps today at what I regard is a discounted price-take off the divi and it is very cheap imho
    Buying a couple of clicks above the 200MA support you'd think should be fairly safe, only 11% or so capital loss from its recent high. Market said today Heartland still a bit overpriced or still digesting the numbers, but market could change it's mind tomorrow. I can't see much getting in the way of a plateau forming in the SP around here then steady as she goes until the next numbers are released, unless some external event out of their control clobbers the banking/finance sector.

Edit: should add that it's been awhile since the SP plumbed below 200MA, but when it does it usually has a decent look lower (for a short few weeks). Depending on ones position, if it happens this time, that could present a sell/buyback, add, or get in opportunity.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 20-02-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Buying a couple of clicks above the 200MA support you'd think should be fairly safe, only 11% or so capital loss from its recent high. Market said today Heartland still a bit overpriced or still digesting the numbers, but market could change it's mind tomorrow. I can't see much getting in the way of a plateau forming in the SP around here then steady as she goes until the next numbers are released, unless some external event out of their control clobbers the banking/finance sector.

Edit: should add that it's been awhile since the SP plumbed below 200MA, but when it does it usually has a decent look lower (for a short few weeks). Depending on ones position, if it happens this time, that could present a sell/buyback, add, or get in opportunity.
    And nothing wrong with a 6.388% gross dividend yield . Better to own the bank than lend to it -
    SCOTTY

What a negative story ...it headlined Heartland shares were down. Bloody media.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/4...sky-tv-air-nz-
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Interesting how quickly market sentiment changes in the mind of investors. Winners become losers, and sure things turn sour overnight. I thought this one was overvalued at $2.10 and it has come down a touch. Although in current conditions I don't see this going all the way down to the other side of the spectrum, it could stay in limbo for a while.

A few things that interested me is this shift in impairment upwards. I'm not sure if HBL have started writing up more loans resulting in a greater % coming back requiring impairment, or diversifying their risk appetite upwards because they are in a better position to do it with their recent capital raise. A bit of both probably.

Another thing is the increase in operating costs due to the new banking systems "teething issues". From experience, these software projects can get out of hand and developers can sniff out and fare to make a handsome sum if you contract out to a 3rd party to help.

I do however like the operating activity growth in the cash flow statement, which some shows that the growth happening is real and not just non cash movements masquerading as real growth. What comes with that of course is greater expenditure.

I'm not too obsessed with price with this one but I wouldn't be jumping in just yet. I believe if this goes down to 1.50 or 1.60 again I'll be accumulating again.

Guru

This is the first time in a while I have read through a heartland result and thought: it is average.
    Even when excluding the relatively recent capital raise things still just didn't feel and look (and all those other wonderful buzz words) as good as previous result announcements...
    Mr Market seems to be thinking along the same lines as the share price is the lowest in over 4 months
    Then again, it had a hell of a run and some say it was pretty expensive' already... the "fake media" isn't helping

Share price will resume normal resumption (upwards) tomorrow or Thursday once Forbar and Craig’s send out a note to their clients saying it was a strong result

That’s how the game works

No worries

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    If your asking about their Online banking platform, I would say no. The digital strategy hasn't made it there to improve the user experience as yet. Maybe later this year?
    Persevere ...a new mobile app on the way Jeff says

Designed by the ‘best’ just for you