sharetrader

Worlds all happy again

HBL back to $2 in next week or so

Growing profits ...growing divvies ....what can go wrong

And don’t forget a profit upgrade still to come.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Worlds all happy again

I'm carrying a loss with HBL so best it rattle its daggs and get that SP moving up. No distraction. Just focus on giving customers what they want at a price they can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    NBR headline "FMA knew of CBL probe in August". Says it (FMA) is bound by confidentiality!!!!!!!!

So much for the FMA motto of "Promoting fair, efficient and transparent financial markets".

Do not fill one with warm fuzzies, does it?
    No it doesn't. https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/we-don...ys-th-p-213619
    Behind the paywall article in NBR today RBNZ comes out and basically says we do not have a duty to investors, which I find a little surprising.
    The nub of this thing for those that don't have access is that their client is the bank or insurance company and they do not have a duty of disclosure to investors under the continuous disclosure requirements. The disturbing thing about this is that potentially the RBNZ could be conducting an investigation for a very long time on another client, like a bank and no disclosure would be forthcoming until they took whatever action they proposed.
    RBNZ oversight in my opinion gives only limited additional assurance and certainly not any in terms of timely notification to investors.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-03-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No it doesn't. https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/we-don...ys-th-p-213619
    Behind the paywall article in NBR today RBNZ comes out and basically says we do not have a duty to investors, which I find a little surprising.
    The nub of this thing for those that don't have access is that their client is the bank or insurance company and they do not have a duty of disclosure to investors under the continuous disclosure requirements. The disturbing thing about this is that potentially the RBNZ could be conducting an investigation for a very long time on another client, like a bank and no disclosure would be forthcoming until they took whatever action they proposed.
    RBNZ oversight in my opinion gives only limited additional assurance and certainly not any in terms of timely notification to investors.
    Shouldn't it then be incumbent on the bank / insurance company to let the market know it is "assisting the RBNZ with its enquiries"?

Worlds all happy again

Winner -- can you please start talking this one DOWN -- your upbeat assessment has badly affected the SP today

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Shouldn't it then be incumbent on the bank / insurance company to let the market know it is "assisting the RBNZ with its enquiries"?
    Well I would have thought so but in the CBL case it was all wrapped up in confidentiality orders despite the subject matter being one of extremely high relevance to investors, i.e. solvency concerns. One also wonders how the auditors signed this off as a going concern. The mind boggles a bit about how this would have all played out for N.Z. banks including HBL if the recent dairy crisis had got a lot worse. Thankfully the banks dodged a bullet and its business as usual.
    Can't help wondering if the SP reaction today in an otherwise strong market has something to do with the RBNZ calcifying the specific nature of their role ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-03-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I sold all of mine today. But pretty sure my piddly amount couldn't affect the SP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Winner -- can you please start talking this one DOWN -- your upbeat assessment has badly affected the SP today
    OMG — the share price was $1,87 when I posted and jeez now down to close on $1.80

maybe the days wrap up will just say ‘profit takibg’ As the reason

Earnings upgrade still to come

At least Heartland isn’t as down as much as Blis is

That’s good

At least Heartland isn’t as down as much as Blis is

That’s good
    ssshhhh, look what good that did to the share price yesterday. Blis went up and HBL down. I guess thats some manipulation so that the DRP goes lower is it?