sharetrader

DRP at $1.77

Less than last time .....what’s going on?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    DRP at $1.77

Less than last time .....what’s going on?
    hence I prefer the cash

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    hence I prefer the cash
    Yep always cash for me..... that way you can chose when/if you buy. Crikey, there may even be another company (or two worth) investing your cash in!

percy

www.chrislee.co.nz market news has more to say on UDC/HBL.
    From my very uninformed view, it looks to me as though HBL are still interested,but not at the price ANZ wants.Float talk is possibly ANZ's attempt for a higher price.
    Although UDC would be a great fit,HBL must buy it at an eps accretive price or walk away.HBL shareholders will not support a capital raise, should HBL agree to pay too much.
    I do note HBL are achieving strong organic growth on their own,so the importance of UDC buy lessens daily.

Dilettante

Well I think we can now put to bed the notion that HBL is not growing. Haven't got through the interim report yet but have to say the growth in Australia with Senior Finance and its reverse mortgages is pretty spectacular.At the end of Sept 2017 they had 16.8% marketshare with reverse mortgages in Australia and 66% of TOTAL AUSTRALIAN GROWTH in reverse mortgages.
    Also looks at first glance that other sectors, such as business and rural have had good growth, 12 & 17% respectively.

But must say I've only had time to quickly glance at the report but look forward to reading it all and hearing views over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I've only had time to quickly glance at the report
    you only had to read the title page eh. 'GROWTH' lol

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well I think we can now put to bed the notion that HBL is not growing. Haven't got through the interim report yet but have to say the growth in Australia with Senior Finance and its reverse mortgages is pretty spectacular.At the end of Sept 2017 they had 16.8% marketshare with reverse mortgages in Australia and 66% of TOTAL AUSTRALIAN GROWTH in reverse mortgages.
    I think the market for Reverse Mortgage market is still quite small so plenty of room for consumer demand to grow this part of the business.

forecasting profit at top end of what they initially forecast which is unsurprising and good

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    forecasting profit at top end of what they initially forecast which is unsurprising and good
    And that is why the share price has weakened recently - for it to stay at or over $2, it really needed an upgrade to profit guidance, not just hit at the top of it.
    At a share price of $1.76, the PE is 14.4 - not terribly high - but well above that of the Australian banks. at a share price of $2, it was 16.4 - that is over 40% higher than say ANZ
    But is HBL growing 40% faster? Half year results would indicate not and those guys who brought shares in the book build at $2.02 might not be so happy right now with losing 13% of their capital in just 3.5 months.

Need more talking about a profit upgrade to get the share price back winning again

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    And that is why the share price has weakened recently - for it to stay at or over $2, it really needed an upgrade to profit guidance, not just hit at the top of it.
    At a share price of $1.76, the PE is 14.4 - not terribly high - but well above that of the Australian banks. at a share price of $2, it was 16.4 - that is over 40% higher than say ANZ
    But is HBL growing 40% faster? Half year results would indicate not and those guys who brought shares in the book build at $2.02 might not be so happy right now with losing 13% of their capital in just 3.5 months.

Need more talking about a profit upgrade to get the share price back winning again
    I think for now Heartland is a long term hold, slowly increasing its sp with dividends increasing as well over time. I see the share price increasing per annum at the rate of growth in profit. Boring is good for me.