sharetrader

Default A Five Star Investment

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Udc worries me a wee bit , any announcement will come around the end of year and cash from shareholders will be required to get this off the ground...

If any takeover happens and that's a big IF, I would expect a ton of synergies between these two operations such that HBL could strip many many millions of dollars from the UDC cost structure.
    As Percy reminds us Heartland directors have tons of skin in the game and there's no way they will take untoward risks or do any acquisition that's not EPS accretive.
    Funds probably better in HBL shares at the current price earning 7%, (especially with the bulk of that annual return paid out in a new few months) than in their call account earning 2.75%. I think this correction in HBL shares is done and dusted or very very close to being so.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...tars-again.htm
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-06-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Edging closer to where my tolerance runs out. Currently at $1.76 getting closer to the bonus issue price of $1.70 which I see as the floor for support. If it gets to this level thenI need to leave and find something that actually creates a return - a Dividend reinvestment Plan does not cover capital losses.

Advanced Member

Don’t stress i think if all goes well Heartland should be about $1.90 by Christmas. Don’t take this as advice to purchase their shares DYOR.....

I am a patient shareholder

Been personally invested since April 2014. Noted that 2015 & 2016 had similar dips to what is being experienced at present. Holding throughout has proved beneficial in the long term in both cases. This one is very much a long game for me and I suspect will continue to be for a long time.

I continue to hold . Whole market is overpriced and people looking to where to get cash. I am holding thru any downturn especially HBL . Will top up if they drop too much.

Long term outlook IMO still great to hold HBL. Proud of a NZ Bank, their achievements, a NZ work force and keeping profit in New Zealand. Glad they still have room for improvement too... which company doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Don’t stress i think if all goes well Heartland should be about $1.90 by Christmas. Don’t take this as advice to purchase their shares DYOR.....

I am a patient shareholder
    That is part of the problem. I have over paid for them with an average price of $1.92 (includes bonus issue and Div reinvestment)

So I am now down 8.7%. To break even I have to achieve a 9.5% increase on current price. If it gets to $1.70 I need to make 13% gain to break even. I dont see HBL having those legs beyond that level in medium term.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    That is part of the problem. I have over paid for them with an average price of $1.92 (includes bonus issue and Div reinvestment)

So I am now down 8.7%. To break even I have to achieve a 9.5% increase on current price. If it gets to $1.70 I need to make 13% gain to break even. I dont see HBL having those legs beyond that level in medium term.
    My average is about $1 so I understand your dilemma......... I also bought at $1.70 with their capital raise and added at $1.73. You should put this share in the bottom drawer and expect the healthy dividends to keep rolling in for the near future

My average is about $1 so I understand your dilemma......... I also bought at $1.70 with their capital raise and added at $1.73. You should put this share in the bottom drawer and expect the healthy dividends to keep rolling in for the near future
    Near future? .....no no no no no ...forever .....and increasing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dvi yield is currently 5.09% so I have to wait a while for divi's to repay loss. I have bought these with a long term view (5 years) so I could hang on. But I certainly do see any opportunity for doubling down on a cheap price or on a bonus issue. The current price suggests they have lost that right to share holder support