sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hmmm the jury is still out on what to do but I fear the impulsive bear will dive into one of them come Monday
    Justice can not come from an impulsive " Jury " RB.
    Give plenty of thought to the standing of those, giving " evidence " of their behaviour over an extended period.
    Who has "proven " that they can do what they say they will ????

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Justice can not come from an impulsive " Jury " RB.
    Give plenty of thought to the standing of those, giving " evidence " of their behaviour over an extended period.
    Who has "proven " that they can do what they say they will ????
    Thanks Janner, Percy comes to mind when you say "who has proven that they can do what they say they will do???" MPG no, HBL maybe, TRA yes

Advanced Member

Percy has them both as far as I know. :-)))))

Always the choice is yours..

Percy has them both as far as I know. :-)))))

Always the choice is yours..
    Yes I think you are right. Thank you for helping me clarify my thought processes. I think I will go with HBL for some diversity!

Membaa

There is never a need to time-stamp an investment decision.

Like, on Monday I'll do this or that. Baloney. Things change, it looks likely today but the next day circumstances change. Act only when the criteria match ones buy or sell conditions. That's called having a trading strategy, it's not just about choosing what to buy or sell, it's also about when,

The FA's reckon it's fair value and the chart says it's sitting on decent support. Buying now is a gamble that both may be right. A few cents higher would confirm both, but a few cents lower would also confound their optimism.

Let it unfold, as it will, and have a strategy that you can execute at the moment in time that it is triggered. Not before.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Like, on Monday I'll do this or that. Baloney. Things change, it looks likely today but the next day circumstances change. Act only when the criteria match ones buy or sell conditions. That's called having a trading strategy, it's not just about choosing what to buy or sell, it's also about when,

The FA's reckon it's fair value and the chart says it's sitting on decent support. Buying now is a gamble that both may be right. A few cents higher would confirm both, but a few cents lower would also confound their optimism.

Let it unfold, as it will, and have a strategy that you can execute at the moment in time that it is triggered. Not before.
    Good post... Take heed RB. You are in control of your decisions ... No one else....

Good post... Take heed RB. You are in control of your decisions ... No one else....
    Yeah your choice. A bank stock under $2 and a kiwi bank. ... keeping profits in kiwi land... I wish it was slightly cheaper yet it's a good gamble isn't it

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Yeah your choice. A bank stock under $2 and a kiwi bank. ... keeping profits in kiwi land... I wish it was slightly cheaper yet it's a good gamble isn't it
    GAMBLE.. ????.. I think you are in the wrong play ground...

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Thanks Baa Baa your comments are much appreciated. I still have a lot to learn and need to be much more patient.

It's all a bit of a gamble isn't it? I don't have a future ball and don't have many certainties about what happens tomorrow and in the future. Thank you for pointing it out that I am, in your view, in the wrong play ground.