sharetrader
Page 113 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 13631031091101111121131141151161171231632136131113 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 17404
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    That's what I mean by ridiculous. To me, that sounds like someone forcing the price down so they can buy a whole lot more at a potential discount. Is this sort of thing ever investigated by anyone?
    Could be a small seller wanting out straight away and only buyer at the time was 71cents.A broker selling up a deceased estate,or tidying up a client's portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    There are also a lot of idiots out there. :-)
    The problem is, its the weekend. You lie awake, thinking of how much you have lost already. Will the market collapse over the week-end? Will the shed burn down? Will the drought break? Could we have more quakes? Will the car work when I turn it on? Life can be very miserable, particularly for insomniacs.
    SELL THE B****Y SHARES.
    [SIZE=1]And so the price drifts down.
    Hopefully Monday Morning its raining and cheers Ashburton up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Could be a small seller wanting out straight away and only buyer at the time was 71cents.A broker selling up a deceased estate,or tidying up a client's portfolio.
    Being the last trade before closing on friday afternoon it got all the signatures of a tidy up trade and needs to be settled by the due date probably today....eh?

You guys worry too much Sparky is right...if you worry too much ...the market isn't for you....don't stick around and try to regulate it.

...Regulated markets perform badly as values become distorted with time. Too costly to police and too many grey areas to consider ...end result..disaster!!

The two most well known tricks of the trade are fake outs and shake outs..... see here for a basic summary Incredible charts tricks of the trade

Knowing all about Trader Psychology definitely helps you stop becoming paranoid...
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-03-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Gee, much ado about nothing

some dude just sold 100k parcel 'at market' which happened to penetrate into the buyers at 71

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Gee, much ado about nothing

some dude just sold 100k parcel 'at market' which happened to penetrate into the buyers at 71
    Hear,hear...........................seems this had some of the experts on here a bit befuddled!!

On a different note,I noticed last night as I was dining opposite the Tauranga branch,that they havn't put the word bank on their signwork,but have a video running in the window mentioning they were NZ's newest bank.

this thread is getting like the Pike thread a few years ago .... hysterical fantasicm

Must get balance's mate at oxford to include in his book on investor behaviour ... i believe he is always on the look out for raw material

Sparky, that is partly the problem with Heartland. Many were in CBS, a building society. They then voted to become part of the bank project and saw their share value plummet. Now, that is not me. But for those in this situation it now worries them and SELL is their solution. At least they can get a good nights sleep.
    The problem will come, when Heartland goes to a dollar, then higher. Nightmares after that situation. Incredibly, they will then buy back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    shouldn't be in shares then. wrong investment class for people who worry.

percy

[QUOTE=winner69;395693]this thread is getting like the Pike thread a few years ago .... hysterical fantasicm

Very wrong.
    Pike never achieved one thing they set out to do.
    Heartland on the other hand have achieved everything they set out to do.
    Solid foundations laid for a sound business.

Wasn't comparing hnz to pike Percy ......just comparing the passion of investors in both ...and your response is just the sort of response balances mate at Oxford ( or was it the London school of economics?) loves analysing