sharetrader

Diary problems are quite widespread these days

Jeff says 'Good Afternoon" ...hope he turns up
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Fvck me. Heres me not tuning into the AGM

"E ngā mana, e ngā reo, e ngā rau rangatira, tēnā koutou katoa
    Greetings to all of you, all voices, all authorities and leaders
    Ki ngā iwi o te whenua nei, ki a Ngāi Tai, Ngāti Paoa, me Ngāti Whātua o Ōrākei, tēnākoutou
    To you the local iwi, I acknowledge your role as tangata whenua
    Ki Te Wai o Taiki kei waho nei, tēnā koe
    To the Tamaki estuary we see outside, I acknowledge you and your history, its strands and pathways, bringing us all here today
    Tēnā koutou ki a koutou katoa kua hui mai nei i tēnei rā, kei te mihi, kei te mihi, keite mihi
    To each and every one of you, welcome and thank you for your supportKi ngā kaumātua o te kāhui nei, ki a Chris kōrua ko Geoff, tēnā kōrua"

C'mon jeff - how many shareholders are fluent in Maori. How About a bit of Chinese or Indian for the "Diversity" Virtue Badge
    how about sign language - the official language in nz
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    They must do a lot of Iwi business on both sides of the ledger eh minimoke.
    Pleased to see they are looking to wind back their exposure on big dairy relationship lending and concentrate on more profitable area's of the business.
    All looks good, didn't have time today to attend. Hope someone else asks them the hard question about concentration on EPS growth but overall I think they have a pretty good handle on where they going and I am happy with my XXXL holding...biggest I've ever had.
    I have read Chairman's, CEO's, and the meeting presentation.
    All on track.
    Still, as Beagle points out, the question about actual EPS growth needs to be asked.
    Real growth is not earnings or revenue growth, but eps growth, which leads to dividend growth.
    Last edited by percy; 19-09-2018 at 09:44 AM.

They must do a lot of Iwi business on both sides of the ledger eh minimoke.
    I wouldnt have thought so. In an MBIE report, the strategic direction appears to be

"Iwi and government should work together to facilitatethe development of a template for iwi-led savingsschemes capable of being tailored to suit iwi priorities(e.g. iwi with a particular focus on whänau homeownership could design a scheme allowing for earlywithdrawal of retirement savings for the purposes ofhome ownership);

• Iwi and government should work together to drivethe development and utilisation of infrastructuresupporting iwi-led savings schemes, to be brandedand promoted by individual iwi"

Then there is the risk of security - that being shared title ownership of land

As for REL's, 28.2% of Maori own, or part own their own home - compared to 49.8% of the total population.

HBL might want to clarify theri strategy with Whai Rawa and their Kiwisaver plans for theri Maori stakeholders.

Lets move on mate...just part of the crazy PC world we live in there days. Before departure from Queenstown airport Tuesday night last week the captain came out and gave a long welcome and dissertation on flight proceedings in Maori before doing the English translation. Maybe because it was the very late flight or Maori language week or simply because I was happy and rested from a great holiday but it didn't bother me. This PC nonsense started way back when for reason unknown we started singing the national anthem in Te Reo before singing it in English. No stopping this mate, just go with the flow otherwise it does your head in. (Free psychology 101 advice just for you)

Percy, I think the whole restructuring thing is aimed at growth without new share issuance and the wind back of lower margin resource intensive large business and dairy lending to concentrate on higher areas of NIM lending where they have a unique competitive advantage gives me comfort that mid single digit EPS growth going forward is highly likely.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

webcasts a bit poor got background music going over the talking

Lets move on mate...just part of the crazy PC world we live in there days. .
    We should not move on. There is an insidious drift where the loonies are taking over, bit by bit the asylum. We now have the Vice Chancellor of Massey lying, and blocking "racist" don Brash from speaking.

People in positions of authority need to be held to task. The directors, and management responsibility is to look after shareholder interests. The best way they can signal their virtue is to grow the company which would then empower individual shareholders to pursue whatever personal social agendas they choose.

If HBL are pursuing Marori related financial opportunities then they should be declared - they are opportunities that come with greater risk than your bog standard REL.

(with the stated aim of pushing into Australia I look forward to an AGM introduction in Aborigine next year). Heres a draft for them. https://about.curtin.edu.au/who/aboriginal-welcome/

anyone watching webcast? problems with background music over talking?

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Surely not Pokarekare Ana infiltrating the webcast?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Is the powhiri over yet?