sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hasn't done much good for Summerset Group Holdings Limited lately but who knows this week might be different.

All aboard, this weeks roller coaster market ride is about to commence. Wonder how much I will lose this week ?
    You won't lose anything if you don't sell.

Banned

Thanks, I tend to agree but you have set the bar too high. Moving to monthly, (instead of weekly) portfolio net worth updates would be a good start for me but I might try for quarterly this quarter seeing as there's so much pain this month lol
    I myself prefer live updates all the time.PS-My motto is feel the pain but do it anyway.Lol

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I myself prefer live updates all the time.PS-My motto is feel the pain but do it anyway.Lol
    Thank you for another one of your "classics".
    Helps to keep me sane.!

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Whatever happy meds you're on can I please have some lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

.... but who knows this week might be different.

All aboard, this weeks roller coaster market ride is about to commence. Wonder how much I will lose this week ?
    Shirt has gone. I'm down to underpants and socks so hoping for a better week because that is simply more than unpleasant!

Thanks, I tend to agree but you have set the bar too high. Moving to monthly, (instead of weekly) portfolio net worth updates would be a good start for me but I might try for quarterly this quarter seeing as there's so much pain this month lol
    I do mine on a monthly basis on COB on the 1st of each month. Doesnt stop me looking each day though.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Shirt has gone. I'm down to underpants and socks so hoping for a better week because that is simply more than unpleasant!
    Time to renew your "Pineglades Naturist Club" membership....lol.

percy

From Craigs research today.
    "Owning shares in quality businesses that pay growing dividends remains an excellent strategy for wealth creation,not to mention inflation protection.While disconcerning periods of volatilty and weakness are simply the price we pay for superior long term returns."

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Ummmm...how do I get that image out of my head lol. Suppose we should move the bleating to the black Monday thread. Actually speaking of that I just posted something interesting in there.
    If this is a garden variety correction (which averages 13% since world war 2), we are most of the way through the pain already so hopefully just the socks to go and that's it ! (trying to keep my sense of humour because lets be honest, we've all had a **** month and are in the same boat).

Yes that's a timely reminder from Craigs.
    Assuming they put up the dividend by half a cent this year to 9.5 cps fully imputed at $1.54 the gross yield is 8.57%.
    Just a "little" better than you get with Heartland investing on the fixed interest side of the ledger.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-10-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

" just the socks to go and that's it "

What then ??. Off to the showers ...