sharetrader
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Interesting logic, already 12cps loss from recent peak, but wait 8 months to get 9cps back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    ...Value investing for the long term is such a big mind shift from momentum trading to grow capital and holdings.
    I am always impressed by the ability of momentum traders to always be able to pick the absolute tops and get out on them.

Disc: Bought a few, sold fewer, and been on the register continuously for over 5 years now.
    om mani peme hum

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I am always impressed by the ability of momentum traders to always be able to pick the absolute tops and get out on them.

Disc: Bought a few, sold fewer, and been on the register continuously for over 5 years now.
    Agree Snow Leopard. Wish I could pick them like that. Having said that, I'm pleased with my largely buy and hold in this one since it the ticker before HNZ (BSH from memory) with several additions. Only sold once when it went over $ 2.00 but have restored my previous holding and no intention of selling any of them anytime soon.

Been a shareholder since the days of the CBS/SouthernCross takeover.
    Have kept my original shares and added at 47c,87c,134c,and 165c.Have now sold all other purchases but not the originals.
    Reasonably pleased with the direction they are going.Only disappointment for me has been that i didn't buy more at 47c but then i am just to conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well sitting on 100 day MA .If it drops it may go down to 180 ma at $1.52.
    In under two months time you should receive a fully imputed 5 cents divie,and at the end of March next year,ie 8 months time a 4 cent divie.
    So buying now you should receive a minimum of 9 cents fully imputed dives.Nice,well worth taking advantage of.
    Geez percy... had me going there for a while.....its already 9 cents.....5.5 soon and 3.5 in 8 months.....has a little birdy told you it will be 4 cents for the interim or is that wishful thinking

percy

My guesses as the the final and interim divies are best described as "uneducated."
    Will the increase the divies,or will they keep them at the same level, to keep their equity ratios increasing?
    Don't know,and will accept either.!

Is the share price drop due to an equity raise ? Does anybody know,it was just after an announcement about bank ratios from one of the AU banks it started to drop. Have alot and holding looking to buy more.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    Is the share price drop due to an equity raise ? Does anybody know,it was just after an announcement about bank ratios from one of the AU banks it started to drop. Have alot and holding looking to buy more.
    Before the last interim result,HGH's share price fell, as the market felt HGH would need to raise more capital.
    CEO Jeff Greenslade's comments, that shareholders taking up DRP alone would be enough to bring HGH's equity ratio to the Reserve Bank's required % for HBL, should be kept in mind,as to the fact they have raised extra funds via bonds etc in Australia to fund the growth of Australian RELs.
    The very strong growth HGH are achieving, will mean at some stage they will require more capital.Whether that is sooner or later I do not know.
    I believe HGH's REL Australian TV advertising has started.Maybe a bit too early for them to comment on the results, although I would think the results would be instantaneous..
    Last edited by percy; 04-08-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Before the last interim result,HGH's share price fell, as the market felt HGH would need to raise more capital.
    CEO Jeff Greenslade's comments, that shareholders taking up DRP alone would be enough to bring HGH's equity ratio to the Reserve Bank's required % for HBL, should be kept in mind,as to the fact they have raised extra funds via bonds etc in Australia to fund the growth of Australian RELs.
    I believe HGH's REL Australian TV advertising has started.Maybe a bit too early for them to comment on the results, although I would think the results would be instantaneous..
    Not good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ql70aiPdWU

Disc. Holding.

This might sound strange but this could be classified as good news for HBLs reverse mortgages or am i looking at this from the wrong angle.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    This might sound strange but this could be classified as good news for HBLs reverse mortgages or am i looking at this from the wrong angle.
    Agreed.
    Neither the old chap,or the solo mum would have qualified for a REL loan.
    Both were very unwise.The old chap for taking out a mortgage at his age,and the young solo mum keeping the house she could not afford.No.1 daughter was in the same situation after her marriage break up.I was more than surprised at the amount of money a bank was prepared to lend her.I told her straight she would not be able to afford any mortgage on her single income.Fortunately, the wife and I were in a position to pay out her ex, and pay off her existing mortgage.
    An elderly person taking out a REL can only borrow certain % of their house's value depending on their age.
    There is no requirement for them to make any repayments, until they either sell the house,or they die..
    Last edited by percy; 04-08-2019 at 08:53 PM.