sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Just back from catching my dinner and must say I am very happy with the overall result and the increased dividend. I'm retired and try not to eat to much of our capital as we try to live off our dividends. I guess your perspective depends on what one has the shares for and perhaps where you are with your life.
    The real question of the day is are there any kingfish to be caught at this time of year and if so are you catching them up there ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    This is a good result.

Slightly baffled that they raised the dividend an entire cent, but just means more shares in the DRiP compounding away to financial freedom.

Why do hotels always change your towels every day even when you follow the notice and hang them up to reuse them?
    I agree but think Jeff and his team no doubt realise a large proportion of their shareholders are dividend hounds like RTM states above and probably also realise that many that are not so fuzzed about receiving extra divies, will sign up to the DRP, Whil I wouldn´t have increased the divie, I totally understand the rationale for it and fair it is enough.

Beagle your points are all good. Agree HGH is probably reasonably fully priced but most certainly a very good hold with this result.
    Last edited by iceman; 15-08-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The real question of the day is are there any kingfish to be caught at this time of year and if so are you catching them up there ?
    A very good question.
    Went out late yesterday.
    Flat calm
    Full moon rose at 6pm
    Fish in the berly trail-lots-whilst catching good snapper,kahwai,trevally we scooped some livies in the net.
    One was busted and the second devoured by a 5 kg snapper.
    We were the only boat fishing in the bay and you have to wonder why.
    The Bay of Islands has its own micro-climate but did have to add a beanie for the trip back

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    A very good question.
    Went out late yesterday.
    Flat calm
    Full moon rose at 6pm
    Fish in the berly trail-lots-whilst catching good snapper,kahwai,trevally we scooped some livies in the net.
    One was busted and the second devoured by a 5 kg snapper.
    We were the only boat fishing in the bay and you have to wonder why.
    The Bay of Islands has its own micro-climate but did have to add a beanie for the trip back
    Ssssshhhhhhhhh !
    They will all be coming up here.
    Soft Bait only, three nice snapper. less than 15 minutes from home.
    Great !

Banned

Great result. Beauty!....6.5 c per share dividend. All holders are going to move their funds to HGH now..8.5%yield compare many companies if u lucky now with 4% yield

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Ssssshhhhhhhhh !
    They will all be coming up here.
    Soft Bait only, three nice snapper. less than 15 minutes from home.
    Great !
    So soft baits are made of plastic, you feed the fish this PVC then they eat it and some get caught and some swim away to get caught another day. More plastic then fish in our oceans is not far off, more plasticised snapper as well.Weird.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    So soft baits are made of plastic, you feed the fish this PVC then they eat it and some get caught and some swim away to get caught another day. More plastic then fish in our oceans is not far off, more plasticised snapper as well.Weird.
    I did hesitate before I replied to Beagle / Fish as it is the Heartland thread. Should have stuck with my initial thought and stayed focussed on the great result.

Good result , steady and good forecast. Bought more yesterday.

Advanced Member

eps for first half of year 5.9c.
    eps for second half 7.1c (13-5.9)
    Seems like good growth...does anyone have the figures for earlier1/2's at hand ?
    Last edited by RTM; 16-08-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Craigs downgrade to a hold