sharetrader

Don’t want to de-rail this thread (I can move it elsewhere if you want) but out of curiosity, do those of you holding HGH, bank with them?

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Don’t want to de-rail this thread (I can move it elsewhere if you want) but out of curiosity, do those of you holding HGH, bank with them?
    Quite relevant question for this thread, I would think.

Personally - I do hold their shares, but would not really be in the target group for their major products like REL, business credits or even Harmony - i.e. no, I do not bank with them.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

As BP writes it is relevant. I hold the shares and bank with them to the extent of having a few term deposits with them but no other general banking. I generally find them to be bloody useless and as a result will take my term deposits else where. The final straw was when Heartland took a month longer than the other banks to send out tax certificates for the term deposits. I have found communication with them difficult to say the least and the website for internet banking is totally hopeless.

Having said that I will not throw the baby out with the bath water and will continue to own the shares - thanks to Percy for alerting a number of us to the share. I have made some very good money from the shares since buying in at 80c. As I have said before these guys are just beginning and there is room for improvement in a lot of the things they do.
    Last edited by Brain; 03-09-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Advanced Member

Yes...I have some money with them...their interest rates on deposits are sometimes attractive.
    For the same reason I have a KiwiBank account as well.

Not a cheque account or credit card. Just somewhere to park $'s to get some interest.

Yes Blocky has a Term Deposit with them and a couple of transaction a/c's but find the internet banking and the app to be too difficult to use and too limited. Perhaps it is not fair to compare with BNZ and Westpac systems which are much more developed and user friendly, their systems probably cost a hell of a lot more as well.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite relevant question for this thread, I would think.

Personally - I do hold their shares, but would not really be in the target group for their major products like REL, business credits or even Harmony - i.e. no, I do not bank with them.
    Exactly the same situation here. With them being 18.5% of my NZX portfolio, I feel that's a sufficient exposure to them
    Last edited by iceman; 03-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post

The final straw was when Heartland took a month longer than the other banks to send out tax certificates for the term deposits. I have found communication with them difficult to say the least and the website for internet banking is totally hopeless.
    Yep those tax certificates being so late was a disgrace. ANZ had them out in days.

At least it was a better effort than the year before when they owned up to miscalculating interest
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I have an account where I am hiding money from myself I have got used to the app now but really have no reason to use it unless I want to move money in or out, which I am trying not to do. Interest rates are obviously much better than ANZ, my main banker (or should that start with a W)

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    ... the website for internet banking is totally hopeless.
    I agree the online banking site is totally hopeless.

No I don't bank with them or hold shares. I assist an elderly relative who banks there.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

As a shareholder I also have an account with HGH, but not my main account. the only comment I would like to make, their website could be a little bit more user friendly, for us Gold card holders