sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Could ask them whose going to win the NZ Trotting Cup being held later in the day just of the road.
    I could, but they might deem this question as irrelevant for the HGH AGM ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I could, but they might deem this question as irrelevant for the HGH AGM ...
    Like they’ll deem Beagles questions irrelevant

Anyway can submit his questions in writing

Shareholder questions prior to the annual meeting

Shareholders present at the annual meeting will have the opportunity to ask questions during the meeting. If you cannot attend the annual meeting but would like to ask a question, you can submit a question by emailing shareholders@heartland.co.nz. Shareholder questions will need to be submittedby 5 November 2019.

Questions should relate to matters being addressed at the annual meeting.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

And if Beagle really PC he’ll be asking in Te Reo
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I have some but we better not go there as the PC police would be all over me. I'll send my questions by PM to you.
    Was good to hear Hosking this morning say "just hire the best person for the job, irrespective of sex, race, age etc"
    Not his exact words.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Was good to hear Hosking this morning say "just hire the best person for the job, irrespective of sex, race, age etc"
    Not his exact words.
    He's like a breath of fresh air sometimes !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Not his exact words.
    There was a time when common sense was just that - common. Now a days it seems to be extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    There was a time when common sense was just that - common. Now a days it seems to be extraordinary.
    I would agree with your second statement, but am not so sure about your first ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

In an annual report (to shareholders I might add) of over 40 pages you know the culture is very strange when the financial review is confined to just 2 pages right down the back of the report like its some inconsequential matter. I think there's some overpaid executives with not enough to do other than to ram all things PC down everyone's throat. Its refreshing to read other annual reports and realise that other companies have a VASTLY more balanced, rational and objective view towards what it means to be inclusive.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-10-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    In an annual report (to shareholders I might add) of over 40 pages you know the culture is very strange when the financial review is confined to just 2 pages right down the back of the report like its some inconsequential matter. I think there's some overpaid executives with not enough to do other than to ram all things PC down everyone's throat.
    You just couldn't hold back...could you ? I think I commented at the time that it read like a social welfare report...or something like that. Agreed.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now..its not good for my blood pressure anyway lol