sharetrader

Dairy prices up overnight

Heartland day at the races next Tuesday and good news of course (even if it’s just warm fuzzy stuff)

All looking good for share price in lead up to Xmas

they should’ve just hired a room at Addington for the ASM - logistically more efficient
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dairy prices and HGH share price inextricably linked eh mate
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Time to find a big screen

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...993/311467.pdf

Look forward to -

1) the response to Beagles written question
    2) the embarrassed look of the the Directors when a shareholder thanks them for being Awesome

No point barking into a typhoon.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

On the doghouse

Default A tribute

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Time to find a big screen

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...993/311467.pdf

Look forward to -

1) the response to Beagles written question
    2) the embarrassed look of the the Directors when a shareholder thanks them for being Awesome
    Well, I will be looking for an encouraging outlook from our great leader, the one I have pre-knighted as 'Sir Jeffrey Greenslade' (because all the heads of banks end up with that title anyway).

Many years into the future, when the history of this great country is rewritten, and when the stories of great New Zealanders of the past are retold, I expect one light that will shine brighter than most will be 'Sir Jeffrey'. There have been many New Zealanders who have taken on the world and won, but the first to stand at the top of the world - literally- was Sir Edmund Hillary.

No one can take away the achievements of Sir Ed. But greater than his ascent of Everest, was what he achieved for the Nepalese people. In particular there was the building of schools and hospitals, bringing standards of education and healthcare that otherwise were absent in this mountain country, which, up until then, had been seen as a playground for western adventurers. Yet underlying these achievements there were constant rumours of violence, not quelled by Sir Ed himself, when he hinted that on the way to the top he had "knocked some b*stard off".

Sir Jeffrey is not a mountaineer in the conventional sense. But there is no doubt he has helped hundreds of New Zealanders 'conquer their own Everests' by lending them money at critical stages while they developed their business ideas.

So when the Everest tally is done to enter the 'great gig in the sky', it will read 'Sir Jeffrey' - 'many' and Sir Ed 'one'. At the risk of Sir Ed choking on his Nepalese hot pot in the sky, there is no doubt whose contribution will be remembered as greater: Sir Jeffrey the multiple mountaineer, a modern hero who achieved without the violence of past eras.

Sir Jeffrey I salute you and look forward to your address on Tuesday. But in the meantime just keep on running Heartland the way you are doing it now: O.K?

SNOOPY

...whose real appreciation of Sir Jeffrey's achievements has only become clear since I have been a Heartland Group Holdings shareholder!
    Last edited by Snoopy; 10-11-2019 at 09:39 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

I never cease to wonder how you continue to get things wrong on this thread.
    Wrong Jeff/Geoff.!
    Be years away before Jeffery receives his knighthood,however Chairman Geoffrey's should not be too far away...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 10-11-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Behind every great man is a woman or two

A few years ago Jeff was pretty awesome but he’s he’s got even more awesome since Ellie and Vanessa came on board to support him....to give him added inspiration and guide him through the path from being just awesome to even more awesome.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Behind every great man is a woman or two

A few years ago Jeff was pretty awesome but he’s he’s got even more awesome since Ellie and Vanessa came on board to support him....to give him added inspiration and guide him through the path from being just awesome to even more awesome.
    You may well think that,however the biggest influence has been noticeable since Gregg Tomlinson joined the board.
    Last edited by percy; 10-11-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Interesting that both the Beagle's are shareholders but I think talk of tribute's is more than a little OTT since real eps growth in the last 2 years has been pretty muted.
    I have noted many of the other Australian banks recently reporting have increased their provisioning for dairy farmers. This and the interesting culture I have previously commented on several times as well as the pending RBNZ capital requirements keeps my enthusiasm in check. I accordingly have a moderate sized holding that I am disinclined towards increasing and my rating is Hold.

percy

With their agm on Tuesday, I will leave making any comments to after the agm,as HGH have a history of giving clear projections of where they see the year ahead, at these meetings.