sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    With their agm on Tuesday, I will leave making any comments to after the agm,as HGH have a history of giving clear projections of where they see the year ahead, at these meetings.
    You know Earnings to be around $80m and would be higher if they didn’t spend more on growing the loan book.

I can feel the excitement mounting already

Hope Geoff is all bright eyed and bushy tailed so early in the day ...if not he’d make me even more restless than usual
    Last edited by winner69; 12-11-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I'll leave it to others to enjoy their long Te Reo lesson by attending or watching the annual meeting online commencing at 10.00 a.m this morning.
    I will skip to the outlook section of the shortly to be released meeting narrative...hopefully that's in a language I can understand.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'll leave it to others to enjoy their long Te Reo lesson by attending or watching the annual meeting online commencing at 10.00 a.m this morning.
    I will skip to the outlook section of the shortly to be released meeting narrative...hopefully that's in a language I can understand.
    No moving pictures ...been short changed

No change in forecast... YAWN. Can't be bothered reading through the rest of it but did note that they are trying to boost return on equity so that's good.
    One other point noted in my super brief skim read.... $617,000 on social welfare payments...hmmmmm
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No change in forecast... YAWN. Can't be bothered reading through the rest of it but did note that they are trying to boost return on equity so that's good.
    One other point noted in my super brief skim read.... $617,000 on social welfare payments...hmmmmm
    To be fair that Heartland Trust has been around for a while and is a shareholder in HGH

More value than sponsoring racing cars I reckon

A 10 am start not for Geoff ...or his always this boring

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    To be fair that Heartland Trust has been around for a while and is a shareholder in HGH

More value than sponsoring racing cars I reckon
    Agree 100%. A lot of money gets wasted by young men in cars engaged in contests to prove their prowess.
    Geoff pretty keen to talk up the size of the market opportunity in Australia isn't he. Makes you wonder if he's been reading my comments on Glassons
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-11-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A 10 am start not for Geoff ...or his always this boring
    I guess banking is a pretty boring business....unlike drilling for oil or gas. Or building a new port.
    And the more boring they keep it...the better I like it !

Slightly disappointed they didn’t announce that Heartland Bank wasn’t being renamed Bank of Aotearoa

Would still fit well with HEARTLAND GROUP

Jeff gave a good talk on digital, CX and UX and things

If you haven’t already shouted yourself a mobile phone now could be a good time to start finding out how these things work.