sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    He said Greedy not Stupid.
    I know what he said.
    When you have a board with huge personnel holdings they will not employ either a greedy or stupid bastard.
    Last edited by percy; 31-01-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I know what he said.
    When you have a board with huge personnel holdings they will not employ either a greedy or stupid bastard.
    Actually - you might be right related to HGH, but I don't think I would generalize your statement - LOL.

I could think about a number of boards with huge personal holdings who (in hindsight) employed either greedy or stupid (or potentially just incompetent) hmm - subjects. Couldn't you?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Actually - you might be right related to HGH, but I don't think I would generalize your statement - LOL.

I could think about a number of boards with huge personal holdings who (in hindsight) employed either greedy or stupid (or potentially just incompetent) hmm - subjects. Couldn't you?
    Boards with little or no personnel holdings have more chance of employing them.
    I trust boards with skin on the line.
    Last edited by percy; 31-01-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Boards with little or no personnel holdings have more chance of employing them.
    To be honest - I have never seen a statistical analysis providing evidence that boards with large holdings acting less greedy or stupid. Do you?

But anyway - lesser risk to employ - say "undesirable" board members - does not mean it does not happen. And we all know that it actually does.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Mate the Troughers are everywhere, nature of the Beast.
    The way corporate excesses are heading and the outrageous salaries management get together with the power corporates have over the world we are probably heading for a revolution of sorts one day soon.

Pity movements like ‘Occupy Wall Street’ faded away but they will re-emerge - the world is getting sick and tired of excesses and corporatocracy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Board and management holdings;
    Over 50 years investing it is one of the first things i check before investing.
    Always exceptions,but they a usually fraudsters,and with knowledge you know to avoid them.
    I note the directors/management in my three largest holdings, have a great deal of skin on the line.
    I like it like that.!
    Last edited by percy; 31-01-2020 at 01:27 PM.

HGH shareholders can relax, at least our man is delivering some growth for his $2.83m.
    Other far more worrying salary packages noted in the Herald included :-
    Theo Spierings of Fonterror $4.7m for his part year and his replacement Miles Hurrell $2.2m for part year, (gosh hasn't that company done "well" !).
    Ross Taylor at Fletchers "earning' $5.3m not too shabby when he has "101" other senior executives to help him preside over such poor performance
    Marko Bogolevski of Infratil "earning" $1.9m despite the payment of over $100m in management fees to Morrison and Co for actually managing their investments !!
    Mike Bennetts of ZEL got the tidy sum of $2.2m in 2017, not too shabby for running a bunch of petrol stations and other sundry assets, although just lately there's be no short term or long term incentive fees so he's down to a "miserable" $860Kin 2019.
    Chris Luxon did alright for himself on over $4m too and delivered the lowest profit in the last 5 years despite jet fuel costs being around the average of the last 10 years.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-01-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    HGH shareholders can relax, at least our man is delivering some growth for his $2.83m.
    Theo Spierings of Fonterror $4.7m for his part year and his replacement Miles Hurrell $2.2m for part year, (gosh hasn't that company done "well" !).
    Ross Taylor at Fletchers "earning' $5.3m not too shabby when he has "101" other senior executives to help him preside over such poor performance
    Marko Bogolevski of Infratil "earning" $1.9m despite the payment of over $100m in management fees to Morrison and Co for actually managing their investments !!
    Mike Bennetts of ZEL got the tidy sum of $2.2m in 2017, not too shabby for running a bunch of petrol stations and other sundry assets, although just lately there's be no short term or long term incentive fees so he's down to a "miserable" $860Kin 2019.
    Chris Luxon did alright for himself on over $4m too and delivered the lowest profit in the last 5 years despite jet fuel costs being around the average of the last 10 years.

How do they get away with it !
    And please don't someone say it's just market rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    So Jeff is up there with the big earners

On a profit per $ remuneration basis he must be leading the pack by miles

Maybe it’s the Board that’s stupid allowing such a high package.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So Jeff is up there with the big earners

On a profit per $ remuneration basis he must be leading the pack by miles

Maybe it’s the Board that’s stupid allowing such a high package.
    With directors holding such big personnel holdings ie Greg Tomlinson holding 58,392,997 HGH shares,you can not call any of them stupid.
    Far from it.
    May pay to reread the start of this thread where people had doubts about HGH succeeding.and ask yourself why HGH has.
    Has not been a case of paying peanuts to monkeys.
    And looks to me as though the best is yet to come.
    Last edited by percy; 31-01-2020 at 02:22 PM.