sharetrader
    percy

An incredible result.
    Strong growth in the sectors they want.
    Reduced lending in areas of low margin.
    NPAT up 20% yes 20% to $39.9mil.
    ROE well up to 11.7%.
    And wait there's more .An INCREASED fully imputate divie of 4.5 cents per share payable on 11th March.Gross yield 8.3%.
    No mention of UDC.
    Last edited by percy; 18-02-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Advanced Member

“47% of employees were aged 35 years and under. “

Is this a good or bad thing ? My immediate feeling is that it is bad, banking, lending, etc needs older experienced people.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    An incredible result.

And wait there's more.
    HuGe eH? ...
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

Is this a good or bad thing ? My immediate feeling is that it is bad, banking, lending, etc needs older experienced people.
    Note 53% of employees are aged over 35 years.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

FY NPAT expectation is $77M - $80M
    or 4.6% to 8.7% increase
    less on an EPS basis

or 2H flat to down on 1H

Not so flash then; unless we get a good upgrade.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

It is a relatively new and growing bank. As it is, 53% are OVER 35.

It would be helpful in a financial services office to have one old curmudgeon who has seen it all before and and is able to warn the whipersnappers with tales of past irrational exuberances.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Great result, market loves it.
    Impairments down and very low and strong growth in lending across most divisions.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Not going to happen.
    I knew I received something in my hundreds of emails yesterday!

We are excited to announce Heartland Bank is now offering Reverse Mortgages against investment properties and holiday homes with our new feature, Secondary Property Loans.

A Secondary Property Loan allows people aged 60 years and over to enjoy a more comfortable retirement by accessing equity from their secondary property, rather than their primary residence.

Like our regular Reverse Mortgage, Heartland’s Secondary Property Loan can be used for a variety of different purposes including home improvements, debt consolidation, travel or just taking the stress out of everyday bills.

The Secondary Property Loan may suit those who do not want a mortgage against their primary residence or those living in a retirement village who still own a property.

We continue to offer the protection of a Heartland Reverse Mortgage, including our three promises:

· Lifetime Occupancy Guarantee – your home will remain the place you live in for as long as you choose

· No Negative Equity Guarantee – the amount required to repay your loan will never exceed the net sale proceeds of the property

· Loan Repayment Guarantee – there is no requirement to make any loan repayment until the end of your loan, although you may do so at any time without penalty costs.

The interest rate for a Secondary Property Loan is the same as a Heartland Reverse Mortgage, with a floating rate of 6.95% p.a.

The loan is due to be repaid when the borrower sells their investment property or holiday home, or when they move permanently from their primary residence.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    It would be helpful in a financial services office to have one old curmudgeon who has seen it all before and and is able to warn the whipersnappers with tales of past irrational exuberances.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Note 53% of employees are aged over 35 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is a relatively new and growing bank. As it is, 53% are OVER 35.
    Yes, understand. But nevertheless. Especially in a bank that does not a lot of physical branches with customer facing tellers.

Personally over the moon with the result, only bad thing is it could again blow out the % of my portfolio that it occupies...good problem and I may address it if the price goes to > $2.10ish....love the dividend increase.

Yahoo !