sharetrader

When you read the NAB result BNZ did a lot better and with the restiction on div for the NZ banks I doubt whether there will be a capital raise . This type of drop happened about a year ago and I did well out of buying when they were down as now. Have a lot and will not sell.

Could here a pin drop in here.Seems hgh will lag behind as it always has

Apparently the government a bit peeved at the banks not lending enough to SME (even with govt guranteeing a large part of any loan)

Suppose Heartland hasn’t done much ....but why lend to no hopers with the chance you will still end up with 20% of it as bad.

Government will find that out with that IRD Bank which is now open for business.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

V
    • More seniors turn to reverse mortgages as a cash lifeline during the coronavirus pandemic.
    • A reverse mortgage can be used in correlation with other retirement income strategies to lessen what’s known as “sequence of return risk.”
    • Applications for reverse mortgages were up 15% in March, according to Reverse Mortgage Insight.
    • You must be 62 years old or older to qualify, and reverse

Article on cnbc

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Apparently the government a bit peeved at the banks not lending enough to SME (even with govt guranteeing a large part of any loan)

Suppose Heartland hasn’t done much ....but why lend to no hopers with the chance you will still end up with 20% of it as bad.

Government will find that out with that IRD Bank which is now open for business.

That's okay -- with Govt's own IRD Loans - all the mickey mouse hooks in the Govt $10K Loan offerings probably
    mean they will see even less uptake than they could have guessed, by only the then very stupid & blind desperate ..

The $10K offerings being effectively looking like they're on the same level as the $1 billion AIR Rip Off 9% Usery Loan job

It will likely work in any of the Banks favour..

and likely leave the Govt sitting looking fairly stupid on dreaming up yet another Failure of an unworkable excuse thrown out to look after broken businesses..

Add this to Govt's earlier Red Herrings - Roll back of Losses (likely participants - Very Few) - Hike up of Low cost Assets values for immediate write off (likely participants among affected businesses struggling to survive = Very Few)
    Last edited by nztx; 12-05-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    V
    • More seniors turn to reverse mortgages as a cash lifeline during the coronavirus pandemic.
    • A reverse mortgage can be used in correlation with other retirement income strategies to lessen what’s known as “sequence of return risk.”
    • Applications for reverse mortgages were up 15% in March, according to Reverse Mortgage Insight.
    • You must be 62 years old or older to qualify, and reverse
    Some good news for a change!This cloud could have a silver lining

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    To expand a business...................Yes.
    Just to stay in business.................No.

We are going to see a lot of capital raisings.Frightening was AIA's $1.2 billion just to stay in business,as was Kathmandu's.
    The above was percy's last (ever?) post on the Heartland thread. Does he see a Heartland capital raising coming? What I have reproduced below is the most shocking revelation ever to be published on this thread and may rock long term Heartland shareholders to the core. WARNING: Grab hold of a stout whisky and a chair before reading further.

This transplanted from the Turners thread from Percy:

--------

Disc.I no longer hold in NZ any shares in the following sectors; Finance [including Banks] ,Property, Retail [including selling vehicles] , Retirement Villages,or Tourism.
    I do hold shares in PGW which I classify as Rural Services,not a retailer.

-----

Percy GONE from the Heartland share register!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Until The Virus hit I had my portfolio as I wanted.
    The world has now changed,therefore my portfolio has changed.
    Some sectors will do well,while others will not..
    The sectors that will do poorly,or that will take a long time to recover are best left to younger people than me,who have a longer investment time frame, than I have at my age.
    The lock down has seen us spend more time doing business online.This will affect office space,as more people work from home.Retailers will loose trade to online retailers,this will affect the retail property owners.
    Rising unemployment,together with large number of business failures, will affect lenders such as finance companies and banks.Property prices will come under pressure,which will carry over to the retirement village sector.
    Some businesses such as power companies and phone companies will carry on.I hold GNE,MEL and SPK.
    Rural/primary businesses, should do well such as PGW,SAN, SEK,SCL and possibly CVT,even NZK [although I have my doubts].I hold PGW.
    My largest holding is PAZ on Unlisted.Pure ingredients from NZ raw materials.The right sector at the right time.
    As I do not know the full affects,or how long the Corona Virus will last,I have have sold TRA, and HGH and have a rather large cash holding.I would expect we will find out how TRA are trading in their half year announcement in late November,while HGH should give some clarity in February next year..
    I am a patient investor.I have other holdings in NZ and Aussie..Any holding with an earnings upgrade I am adding to my holding,such as AVA in Aussie.
    I am prepared to sit on my cash pile forever, if I do not feel comfortable with the market.As it is I still have a good amount invested in the market, and have no need for more shares.
    Opportunities have always seemed to come my way when ever I have held cash.
    Last edited by percy; 17-05-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    The above was percy's last (ever?) post on the Heartland thread. Does he see a Heartland capital raising coming? What I have reproduced below is the most shocking revelation ever to be published on this thread and may rock long term Heartland shareholders to the core. WARNING: Grab hold of a stout whisky and a chair before reading further.

This transplanted from the Turners thread from Percy:

--------

Disc.I no longer hold in NZ any shares in the following sectors; Finance [including Banks] ,Property, Retail [including selling vehicles] , Retirement Villages,or Tourism.
    I do hold shares in PGW which I classify as Rural Services,not a retailer.

-----

Percy GONE from the Heartland share register!

SNOOPY
    Sad, awkward as well. "Your honour, I never intended to sell when I bought, but circumstances changed so I sold." Like the IRD will give a flying fig about that. Hello tax time, when the accountant says, umm, "now, about those taxes Mr Trader".

Percy will have done very nicely out of HGH, having bought in well below $1, less trading (buy and sell ) fees and tax on capital gains, perhaps not so much on some others, some an outright loss after capital losses and trading fees. We can't beat-up folks who make their own decisions who cast themselves as traders and hopefully understand the fees and tax consequences. It is what it is.

Grandfather, who passed away over twenty, or was it thirty years ago surprised me when he said he hadn't lost a cent on his portfolio (as it turned out $million+ portfolio) when the market crashed in 1987. Turned out that he never sold a single share, ever! One year later he was square. Just kept on buying solid companies that weren't going out of business and enjoyed their dividends until dying at a ripe old age in his nineties.

Silly old bugger still complained about the price of a pound of butter. Like that mattered in the scheme of things. Lol.