sharetrader
Page 135 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 35851251311321331341351361371381391451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 17414
    percy

The local Heartland representitve who is "close to the customer"at stock sales yards would most probably disagree with you.
    Marac has traded most successfully from very modest premises for years.
    Heartland will be where, and avaliable where every, and however their customers want them.
    If they give the customer what they want, Heartland will get what they want.Some things like great service don't change.
    I see the presentation I am going to on Thursday night as further proof of Heartland keeping close to both investors and depositors.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Now thats what I call a Bank sign PERCY, On the signage on the front of the premisis not on the the roof,after all surely it's people on the footpath that they want depositing and borrowing,not as they are flying past.
    Agree to disagree.Check out Westpac.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Agree to disagree.Check out Westpac.
    Was just going to bring them up. ANZ also doesn't meantion 'bank'.

I also checked ASB, then remembered that they decided to add the word Bank since they shortened their name to ASB as apparently, people forgot what the B stood for.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

percy

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Was just going to bring them up. ANZ also doesn't meantion 'bank'.

I also checked ASB, then remembered that they decided to add the word Bank since they shortened their name to ASB as apparently, people forgot what the B stood for.
    I don't think BNZ has bank in their signage either.

The point I'm trying to make here,is that the other big banks are all household names,Heartland to most kiwis is new to the game,even though they have Marac.Surely a bit more recognition by the general public and their target market SME S would do them the power of good,otherwise why have prominent shop frontages in reasonable footpath count areas,hmmm.

Anyway I'm not going to convince you Percy as you are to HNZ what a manchester united fan is to their team,haha.

Guru

Agree they are not a household name but I dont think they want to be a mainstream bank, at this stage at least. They are trying to carve out a niche and (hopefully) those that are their target market know who they are and that they are a bank.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Terry Hall in the Dominion Post today has it that "Shareholders in fast-growing Heartland hope it will get a banking licence ....". I don't know whether that represents a failure to communicate by Heartland, or incompetence on the part of a has-been hack.

Yes I read that and thought where has he been - must have been out of the country!

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    Terry Hall in the Dominion Post today has it that "Shareholders in fast-growing Heartland hope it will get a banking licence ....". I don't know whether that represents a failure to communicate by Heartland, or incompetence on the part of a has-been hack.
    A failure to communicate. We have to SHOUT BANK. BANK. BANK. And keep shouting.
    Teaching. The method.
    First, you tell them what you are going to tell them.
    Then you tell them.
    Then you TELL THEM AGAIN.
    Heartland is a bank, not a motel or whatever.
    But they should have a branch in Sydenham!

Percy, over to you. It is raining here.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    I dont't know about a has-been hack, but it is a rather fundamental error for a seasoned journalist.