sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    They have been working on it for some time.
    A great deal for them.
    Certainly backs the REL's growth potential.
    Sounds outstanding.
    Waiting somewhat anxiously on if they will pay a dividend.
    Our biggest holding. I guess we find out 17th whether its steak or sausages for dinner.

Dilettante

A great deal for them.
    Certainly they have done a very good job there and secured the huge growth in the Aussie REL business for some time now. Reduces need for CR but wouldn't write it off yet though

A great deal for them.
    And derisks this arm of their Oz expansion

Personally I'm expecting it will be a lower dividend than last years and that is fine (I'm with the school of anything is better than nothing).

Heartland will determine dividends (both interim and final) based on its net profit after tax, subject to maintaining a prudent level of capital for its needs. Heartland’s capital needs will vary from time to time, depending on a range of factors (including regulatory and credit rating requirements, general economic conditions, current and expected growth and the mix of business). A key objective is to ensure an appropriate balance between maximising shareholder returns, and protecting the interests of depositors through prudent capital management.

A billion will go a long way
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

a billion used to be a really big number.
    Okay so its good but these days there's money awash so would we expect anything less? It hasnt done much to the share price.
    But its just par for the course really BAU even.

There will be serious money to be made in REL's over coming decades I reckon. They attract a premium margin cf standard mortgage (not sure why exactly - but I'm not complaining). Ownership equity remains high in all but a few cases and despite longevity increasing lenders risks are low and can be managed comfortably in the odd hiccup. Aussie property market is huge compared to here and for many of those approaching agedness with their super or their govt sponsored annuity aka pension it is a perfect solution.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Okay so its good but these days there's money awash so would we expect anything less? It hasnt done much to the share price.

There will be serious money to be made in REL's over coming decades I reckon. They attract a premium margin cf standard mortgage (not sure why exactly - but I'm not complaining). Ownership equity remains high in all but a few cases and despite longevity increasing lenders risks are low and can be managed comfortably in the odd hiccup. Aussie property market is huge compared to here and for many of those approaching agedness with their super or their govt sponsored annuity aka pension it is a perfect solution.
    Yes peat a billion is petty cash these days

George Bush like talking brazillions
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Sounds outstanding.
    Waiting somewhat anxiously on if they will pay a dividend.
    Our biggest holding. I guess we find out 17th whether its steak or sausages for dinner.
    Any local farmers got a bit of watercress growing on their farm that they don't mind you helping yourself too.
    Steamed it comes out okay with a fair bit of salt and butter, or so I have heard
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Any local farmers got a bit of watercress growing on their farm that they don't mind you helping yourself too.
    Steamed it comes out okay with a fair bit of salt and butter, or so I have heard
    Different crop up here Beagle !

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

Doesn’t stop them going back for more when they need it. As long as it all still stacks up well. Yes, I am surprised the share price has not responded more favourably as well.
    Last edited by RTM; 15-09-2020 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Addition.