sharetrader
Page 138 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 38881281341351361371381391401411421481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 17397
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    With SCOTTY's .. Response to Percy.. An " almost " Fanatic ( with good reason ) on HNZ.. I rest my case m'Lord..
    I couldn't put it better myself ! Thanks from another "fanatic" Percy

Yes thanks for the report Percy , thats good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    'fast growing' in every sense is a comparative term. If you look at the Heartland FY2012 accounts in comparison with the FY2011 accounts, then yes they have grown. However in that time they absorbed PGG Wrightson finance. In comparing the size of Heartland, if you use the the sum total presence of "PGG Wrightson FY2011" + "Heartland FY2011" and compare that with "Heartland FY2012" (the apples with apples comparison IMO) then the collective "Heartland' is actually shrinking.

Of course I would argue that this is a good thing as it shores up Heartland's capital position. But to the faithful, pointing out that Heartland is not growing is heresy.

SNOOPY
    Snoopy, allow me to summarize the opinions of those who are in HNZ :

1. Growth for growth's sake is a bit like drinking for the sake of getting drunk - nothing can come good from it, save for a sore head or a busted liver years later. Just as bad as buying stuff non-stop just because it is on sale.

2. HNZ is doing it the right way - grow profitably and be patient. That is the correct strategy.

3. Capital is not an issue when you are profitable and demonstrate disciplined and profitable growth. There is unlimited capital available out there for banks when they show they are well managed and disciplined.

South Canterbury Finance and the other finance companies provide ample proof that growth (and size) are not everything.

If you go back far enough, the BNZ blew itself up twice growing for growth's sake - and BNZ had unlimited access to capital back in those days.

As has been written before, you are missing the big picture, Snoopy, by nitpicking on numbers.

HNZ is on the move and there's plenty more potential ahead.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-05-2013 at 07:50 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    HNZ is on the move and there's plenty more potential ahead.
    I think we will look back in a year's time and realise what an understatement that is.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think we will look back in a year's time and realise what an understatement that is.!!!!
    Snoopy will still be looking at reasons why HNZ should not be granted a bank license?

George Kerr practically gifted his shares to everyone who bothered to buy less than a year ago at 52 cents!

28 cents gain plus 3.5 cents dividend = 60% gain.

Who says Georgie Porgie is not a nice guy?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    More than enough Capital.In fact too much capital,so I take it we may see a share buy back or a capital return.
    Thanks for the report, percy. The extract above makes me wonder why they recently instituted a dividend reinvestment plan.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    Thanks for the report, percy. The extract above makes me wonder why they recently instituted a dividend reinvestment plan.
    I don't know.I guess because so many NZ shareholders ask for one.
    I was at a Cavotec meeting, and noticed the chairman was puzzled by shareholders request for a dividend reinvestment plan.Maybe it's a NZ thing.!!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same, especially as there is no discount to reward current shareholders ! But I've signed up to the DRP anyway

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same, especially as there is no discount to reward current shareholders ! But I've signed up to the DRP anyway
    Same. BUt only while I consider it is selling at a discount to true value (~$1). After that, they will need to offer a discount or pay me cash.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk