sharetrader
Page 142 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 42921321381391401411421431441451461521922426421142 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 17472
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One way of increasing ROE is increasing leverage and making more money on the same equity
    Another is doing a share buy back and having fewer shares.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Another is doing a share buy back and having fewer shares.
    Yet another is having a capital return.

Sounds like they feel that that much touted equity ratio is far too high .....sorry percy

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Sounds like they feel that that much touted equity ratio is far too high .....sorry percy
    I think EBO referred to it as "lazy capital" ,not required in the business, so returned it to shareholders,via a special dividend.From memory non taxable as it was a return of capital .
    HNZ saying the same thing.
    The next few weeks could be very interesting, should you consider the announcement of HNZ's decision on non-core property, and talk of being over capitalized be connected.
    Last edited by percy; 12-05-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    The sooner HNZ launch their capital raising to buy back shares and pay a special dividend the sooner everybody will be right

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    With every one being right !!.. The SP will rise.. Brilliant PT.. Investors happy.. Bernie Madoff would be proud of you..

Heartland is lending in the more difficult capital areas. Where its machinery, vehicles etc, not property. MARAC went broke only a few years back, due to insufficient capital. The world economies are in melt-down. Heartland needs to keep its capital base intact, ready for uncertain times. I am trying to be realistic, plus I put cash into Heartland at their cash call only a few months ago. From memory at 52 cents a share. Why should they buy-back at 80 cents a share now?

Oh mouse - you in big trouble now making those sort of assumptions ... WW3 will now break out

Mouse they didn't go broke .... just needed a bit of financial engineering and one of the reasons why PGC needed a huge cpaital rqaising .... but not broke

You should know better than to use words like 'broke' on this thread

Percy wull remind you thay learnt their lesson

I notice HNZ are pushing hard towards the rural sector with loans to farmers for livestock purchases which farmers will be spending money on to re stock post drought. Should work well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Marac went broke? When did that happen? Can you provide a link to that please?
    Certainly, the link is to my wallet!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post
    I notice HNZ are pushing hard towards the rural sector with loans to farmers for livestock purchases which farmers will be spending money on to re stock post drought. Should work well for them.
    They are expecting to pick up a lot of business as farmers restock.
    This years's drought was different from previous ones as it was over the whole country.Usually it is on one side of the country,which means the other side is borrowing to buy stock.