sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    HGH indicated at time last dividend paid based on Aussie Reverse Loans biz surplus alone - that they anticipated 'making things up'
    once the straight jacket was off - didn't they ?

Next HY Report & dividend could be the one to watch IMO

At that time the immediate next period post Covid trading gains will be coming out properly in the wash too
    - so the real gainers. maintainers & retreaters etc should then be more visible

For my money the jury on HGH is not done just yet .. possible top up opportunities ahead too
    Yes plenty of future here, possibly special dividend to come.

One thing today’s update confirmed was that Jeff is a master of managing earnings (and expectations). Whether it’s proactive provision or astute use of the bottom drawer he’s pretty good at thst.

Jeez, we need to book $5.2m increase in the Harmoney stake ...that’ll take our profit close to $50m .....far too high .....so into the bottom drawer he goes and finds some old stuff totalling $1.7m which needs ‘writing off’ ..... but the master stroke was the ‘voluntary accelerated amortisation’ of some intangibles of $4.3m

That reduces reported NPAT to $44.1 ...much more respectable....and the market will love it.

That’s Jeff for you ....and when Jeff says full year will be close to $85m that’s probably what he’ll deliver ....no surprises.

Good guy that Jeff.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

If I sell now, do I still receive the divident?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    nope - you need to wait a week.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    If you hold until this Friday and sell anytime after that day, you're eligible for dividend. If you sell before or on Friday, you'll not be eligible for dividend.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    nope - you need to wait a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    If you hold until this Friday and sell anytime after that day, you're eligible for dividend. If you sell before or on Friday, you'll not be eligible for dividend.
    Thanks all.

Probably doesn't mean anything but did i read that deposits only increased by 1.9 million.Doesn't seem much but then probably in the wider scheme of things doesn't matter.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Probably doesn't mean anything but did i read that deposits only increased by 1.9 million.Doesn't seem much but then probably in the wider scheme of things doesn't matter.
    Overall Growth in Receivables was up $63 million, despite significant decreases in some areas due to covid giving consumers overall much more cash in there pockets and government giving significant cheap or free lending directly to businesses.

According to headline in INTEREST.CO.NZ HLG are mulling over splitting Marac off as a standalone subsidary.

Market does not seem enthused by HGH at all at the moment. Thought the short timeframe to grab the divi would have fired things up ...