sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    HGH share price heading to 210 plus this week

Probably be 225 at results announcement time.
    heartland doing really well; used to be parity with OCA not any more!!

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    heartland doing really well; used to be parity with OCA not any more!!
    Just out of curiosity I compared the two and was quite surprised by the correlation between their share prices.OCAVHGH.jpg

Speaking of unusual correlations, perhaps also a little surprisingly, I hold the same number of shares in each company.

But wait...there's more !!
    Overall performance of HLG and WHS has' been very similar over the last 3 years too
    HLGVWHS.jpg and in yet another spooky coincidence I have about the same value invested in WHS and HLG.

I guess at some point I either fluked it or put quite a bit of thought and structure into the composition of my portfolio...not sure which it was lol.

Hope nobody asks me which of these four will perform best in the year ahead because its hard to pick the best when they all have very good prospects.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-07-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Heartland increasing their holding in Harmoney

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...217/349808.pdf

see value ....or a bit of financial engineering
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Last edited by Beagle; 07-07-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Heartland increasing their holding in Harmoney

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...217/349808.pdf

see value ....or a bit of financial engineering
    "Following a series of discrete trades on market through the ASX beginning on 25 June 2021 and ending on 6 July 2021..."

Share price of Harmoney was up a whopping 10% on 30 June 2021. Yeah, that's really discrete lol

"Can't wait" to read in Te Reo in their annual review how this new expanded investment in fintech digital reengineering was strategically timed.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-07-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    "Following a series of discrete trades on market through the ASX beginning on 25 June 2021 and ending on 6 July 2021..."

Share price of Harmoney was up a whopping 10% on 30 June 2021. Yeah, that's really discrete lol

"Can't wait" to read in Te Reo in their annual review how this new expanded investment in fintech digital reengineering was strategically timed.
    It sounds there were not many fintech options for HGH to put money in. At least the investment timing was not bad.

I always thought one of the big 4 banks would be the one to buy HMY after 5 years. Maybe Heartland want them all for themselves.
    They could be Australia's largest reverse mortgage lender as well as the largest personal lender.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I always thought one of the big 4 banks would be the one to buy HMY after 5 years. Maybe Heartland want them all for themselves.
    They could be Australia's largest reverse mortgage lender as well as the largest personal lender.
    Acquiring Harmoney will never happen
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Acquiring Harmoney will never happen
    Not in the foreseeable future but never say never W69. The engine scoring and approving a personal loan application would be very similar to that needed for approving a car loan. That's what any bank would be buying.

Granted, Heartland have their own in NZ but nothing in Aussie (if they wanted to enter that market).