sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its really cool how HGH tell you what next years profit is going to be when reporting current years profit so I look forward to their FY22 forecast later this month with considerable interest.
    Yes, it keeps the share price ticking along with out the wild speculations.

looks like a break out here.... 2.10 held for a while but now is support.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

$2.16 New All Time Closing High knocking 15-Dec-2017 off the top of the podium.

Also over 15% of my NZX portfolio so no DRiP for me.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    $2.16 New All Time Closing High knocking 15-Dec-2017 off the top of the podium.

Also over 15% of my NZX portfolio so no DRiP for me.
    Woo Hoo !! For some strange reason I remember that day you mentioned quite well

I have no interest whatsoever in selling this time and will continue with the DRIP. Wonder what the dividend announcement will be ? My guess 6 cps (fully imputed as usual).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Default Is this an attempt at humour ?....

....or should I be grateful as a shareholder ? Certainly clarifies why I have no cash with HGH anymore.

HGH Ad.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    ....or should I be grateful as a shareholder ? Certainly clarifies why I have no cash with HGH anymore.

HGH Ad.JPG
    If you don't like the interest rates you'd receive from Heartland you could always invest with one of the big banks like ANZ.

They are currently paying 0.05% on an ordinary savings account and up 0.20% on a "serious saver" (haha) account.

Guess all these rates explain why the share market is increasingly popular.

Legend

HGH Ad.JPG

that assumes one manages to navigate through the sea of AML Documentary B**L***** to get there first ..

Know a few who got lost along the way & in frustration abandoned attempts ..

Needless to say, they're smiling on their choice of owning a slice of the bank instead ..
    Last edited by nztx; 15-08-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Guru

HGH Ad.JPG
    It is a more difficult decision to have cash and term deposits when the interest rates are so far below the CPI inflation rate! However with asset prices at current levels and with a lot of uncertainty with Covid progression, My bank deposits have never been higher. I have split them between Heartland and two big Australian owned Banks. Heartland rates are slightly higher. Heartland Bank shares also comprise about 7% of my share portfolio.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-08-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is a more difficult decision to have cash and term deposits when the interest rates are so far below the CPI inflation rate! However with asset prices at current levels and with a lot of uncertainty with Covid progression, My bank deposits have never been higher. I have split them between Heartland and two big Australian owned Banks. Heartland rates are slightly higher. Heartland Bank shares also comprise about 7% of my share portfolio.
    The option value of cash at the moment is quite high
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am in a similar position with respect to cash. And quite concerned about the effect of inflation on it.